Landlord gave 24 hour notice

the landlord (unless an emergency) gives 24 hour notice to enter the unit for inspections. (that way we know in case we aren't home that someone entered our house) the notice was delivered 07.29.08 with a smoke detector inspection date of 08.01.08. no one ever showed up on the first. today, i wake at some point to... show more the landlord (unless an emergency) gives 24 hour notice to enter the unit for inspections. (that way we know in case we aren't home that someone entered our house) the notice was delivered 07.29.08 with a smoke detector inspection date of 08.01.08. no one ever showed up on the first. today, i wake at some point to a smoke alarm and my 13 year old says there are testing smoke detectors. they asked if we were home and to get one of us. he stated i was sleeping and wasn't going to bother me. they told him why they were here and he told them to just come in and do it. since they did this without notice, could this be an invasion of privacy issue? can a 13 year old give authorization to enter a unit for anything to be done? (repair, inspection, etc) it appears they have violated the lease. what recourse could there be from this?
Update: the point of the question is that the lease states they must give notice. they did not give notice and a minor allowed entry. had he not been present they would have entered the home anyway. (the invasion of privacy comes into play with the potential for my wife and i to have been doing "it" or any other... show more the point of the question is that the lease states they must give notice. they did not give notice and a minor allowed entry. had he not been present they would have entered the home anyway. (the invasion of privacy comes into play with the potential for my wife and i to have been doing "it" or any other number of things. they violated the lease contract. what are potential recourses. i live in ohio
Update 2: i guess it seems that i'm just trying to be an ***. here is the deal. the landlord says they will be here on this date between these times. sometimes they show up. sometimes they don't. the lease says she can make or change rules as she sees fit. (i don't think this is legal) we have made mention of... show more i guess it seems that i'm just trying to be an ***. here is the deal. the landlord says they will be here on this date between these times. sometimes they show up. sometimes they don't. the lease says she can make or change rules as she sees fit. (i don't think this is legal) we have made mention of repairs needed that are still waiting to be completed. (06.05.08 when we signed the new lease) to put it very simply, this is just one piece of all the stuff that is questionable about our landlord
11 answers 11