How do you knit a blanket?

Follow
  • Follow publicly
  • Follow privately
  • Unfollow
Do they make REALLY long knitting needles? You'd want to be able to knit 4-5 feet worth of blanket. I don't want to make it in patches and sew together.
Best AnswerAsker's Choice
Use circular knitting needles. The longest I've seen is 40" (not the needles, but the plastic tubing in between). You should be able to do a good size afghan on those. It doesn't have to be 40" or under, it can be bigger. According to my understanding, you should be able to do something up to 3 times the size of the needle (I've never tried, so I don't know for sure.)

Source:

Asker's Rating & Comment

5 out of 5
Nice answer
  • 2
  • Comment

Other Answers (3)

Rated Highest
  • Rated Highest
  • Oldest
  • Newest
  • lumesire answered 6 years ago
    You'd want to use circular needles, and work back and forth as you would on regular needles. With 47in. circs, I see no problems making a good-sized blanket, other then how heavy it would get on the needles.
    • 1
    • Comment
  • seweccentric answered 6 years ago
    Most blanket patterns have it knitted in long sections that are later sewn together. It's easier to knit something 5' long when you're only working with a 2' wide section at a time.
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Grace H answered 6 years ago
    They do make pretty big knitting needles, but it might be easier to crochet a blanket
    • Rate
    • Comment
  • Sign In 

to add your answer

Who is following this question?

%
    BEST ANSWERS
    Member since:
    Points: Points: Level
    Total answers:
    Points this week:
    Follow

Unfollow

Block

Unblock