What should my 2002 Jeep Grand cherokee be in while driving 4wd high, N, and 4wd Lo? ?

On my 2002 jeep grand cherokee it only has three options on the 4wd lever. 4WD HI, N, and 4WD LO. what should i be driving in while i do normal driving. Also does my jeep drive in 4WD at all time or what?

The Jeep ought to be in 4WD HI for normal driving. Depending on the conditions of the road is when your 4WD will kick in.That being to traction and all. For 4LO is depending on the terrain and the situation that you are in, ie, stuck in mud, sand, climbing. But GP, 4HI is where you ought to have the vehicle. N is nuetral all the way around. You go no where. Depending on the situation, you might to put your vehicle in this mode. ie, to have it towed, pulled, or pushed. This being so that it does not damage your transfer or trans during this process.

for off roading then 4 lo, if your talking about driving on snowy or icy roads then 4 hi. 4 lo would be for like a deep mud hole, the low gear will help deliver more torque to the tires. for normal driving you should be in 2 hi. do you have the push-button 4wd, then you don't need to push any of them. if you have a transfer case shifter, then you should leave it in 2 hi.

4wd hi best for that tran.

Source(s): you should check your owner man.