lakersfan13 asked in SportsOlympics · 1 decade ago

Did the London theatrics part of the closing ceremony seem disappointing? ?

I mean isn't the next host of the olympic games supposed to do something to wow us and leave us wanting more... i just didn't feel like it was a very good start. If that is how the opening/ closing ceremonies are going to be in London it is going to be this disappointing?

Rather mediocre, Britain is a great country(historically speaking). Although i wouldn't expect them to do a "China", i would still expect more from them, something that suits the magnitude and importance of the Olympic Games. Didn't expect them to just "give up" like that with something so ordinary and relying on celebrities and rock music...

It was disappointing especially since Beijing put on such a spectacular show. I'm doubt that they will top that!

Beijing Olympics were amazing because of the rich culture and lovely people.

I don't know, London has big shoes to fill - and i don't know if i'm that excited because of the western culture (I am from AUS).

Ooo - I sure like Beckham though

• maccaz

Yawn in confusion...it was a bore fest. No substance to it. The music was bad, the song selection was poor. Just didnt know what was going on.

For some reason I am sick of seeing the mainstream, english speaking culture things. I prefer something intriguing and exotic just like what the Chinese put on during the opening ceremony.

It was, but it leaves you thinking what next, wheel out the cast of Eastenders in pearly king outfits, I suspect it will be more of a English themed Olympics than a UK one..Can't wait to see what a spectacular waste of cash we undertake, especially the BBC in their coverage and the government in their spending....I thought it was about sport, not fireworks and lasers, how much went up in the sky, just for the sake of something to look at, Britain will never top the Chinese contribution, health and safety will see to that..

• Gosh some people aren't appriciative at all. Of course that isnt just it? Is that what you think of London or something?

I must say though, I actually liked it. I sang along, I danced along and just had fun like you were supposed to. Loosen up and have fun. The song was called 'Whole Lotta Love' which was our message to the rest of the world...doesnt seem like people are giving it back...

• Lmao

I thought it was so random. It didn't fit in with the Bird's Nest atmosphere at all. Judging from this performance, Beijing wins hands down. Same with the logo! I can't believe London spent hundreds of thousands of dollars on that ugly *** logo. I thought they would put money to better use instead of creating something no better than dog sh*t

I thought it was pretty cool. I like the whole bus/ people waiting for it and the hand off from the little girl from China to the little girl from London.

Missing the point, its not about who can spend the most money.

BORING! I had to change channels, or I would have slipped into a coma.

they made a transformers bus. what more do you want?