Hospitals now giving newborns their 1st shot at birth?

I was listening to this lady one day when I was waiting for my last OB appointment and she was going on and on about how her son got autism from getting too many shots too early and too many at one time. Is this true? When I had my son on September 6th they wanted to give him his first shot (I beleive it was a... show more I was listening to this lady one day when I was waiting for my last OB appointment and she was going on and on about how her son got autism from getting too many shots too early and too many at one time. Is this true? When I had my son on September 6th they wanted to give him his first shot (I beleive it was a Hepatitis shot) right there in the hospital! He was only in the hospital for barely 24 hours before we were released! I declined and asked my doctor at his first appointment the following week. The doc said it was completely up to me. So I have decided to wait until he is 2 months.

Is there any truth to this whole "shots causing autism" thing?? When my daughter was born (almost 4 years ago) she got all of her shots when the doctor said. I had no clue about all of this. And she is perfectly fine. But to be honest, I don't know what shots she got when....