Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

the landlord left a 24 hours notice that the home will be insected on my door we got home at 11 at night?

and it was on the door...so duz that mean ...does it mean that he may enter 24 hours after i receaved it .....!!!! as far as i know is he not able to enter after the reasonable time here in bc its between 730am and 8pm i am so confused plz help

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

The landlord can enter 24 hours after the note was posted.

The fact that you came home at 11 pm does not change the fact that you had notice as soon as it was posted to the door.

What time does the notice state? If there is a time, then that is when the landlord will enter.

If there is not a time, you can call the landlord to find out.

• 1 decade ago

Yes, the notice should be for 24 hours after it is delivered to you. In most states, delivery by taping on the front door is not allowed. It has to be a phone call or something that can be documented.

I would allow the inspection to be done so you get it over. But you could write a letter and post it on the door saying the notice was not adequate and must be rescheduled..

• 1 decade ago

yes he can if he is doing work on the property for better living. if there is a bug problem then he is just looking out for you and his property. give him a call to find out the time. if you wont be there then it should be ok with you. but keep that note handy just incase he is a theif.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yea i would think it would be during the day, best bet is to call him up and ask around or between what two times he will be coming by...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.