Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Are you one of the 47 million Americans without health insurance?

Now that the details (sort of) have been put forth concerning Health Care who's plan appears to benefit YOU the most?

I do have health insurance...but I might as well not have it. I can afford my monthly premiums, but my deductibles and copays are so high, I still cannot afford health care.

I have a mouth full of cavities and missing teeth--and I cannot pay to have them fixed.

I support Obama's plan. The McCain plan is the equivalent of giving Big Businesses an extra $7000 for each employee yearly

Actually, I think this portion of the debate made me feel pretty bad about myself. I hate when people assume it is no big deal for the middle class to shell out an extra hundred or two a month for things. I am choosing between dinner and gas at this point. Coming up with any more money a month is a scary scary thought for me and I am, or at least I thought I was middle class.

Someone asked me to run to the store and grab them a six dollar item the other day and I did it, but only because I was to ashamed too acknowledge how much that six bucks meant to me getting through the week. Meanwhile I decided to skip eating that day in order to save a little, "just in case," money.

Anyway, I do have insurance (thank goodness, went without for a long time),through my job that I contribute $100 a month for. It hurts, and it is really really horrible. I don't even go to the doctor because the copay is so painful and then I always get a bill for something they won't pay for anyway.

So this middle class person can not understand how anyone can suggest that I go out and get my own healthcare and hey, they will give me a tax incentive. I don't have the money for that!!!

In the US stats don't change much unless it starts affecting the rich. Nearly 40 percent of the uninsured population reside in households that earn $50,000 or more.1 A growing number of middle-income families cannot afford health insurance payments even when coverage is offered by their employers. Why is the number of uninsured people increasing? Millions of workers don’t have the opportunity to get health coverage. A third of firms in the U.S. did not offer coverage in 2006.4 Nearly two-fifths (38 percent) of all workers are employed in smaller businesses, where less than two-thirds of firms now offer health benefits to their employees.7 It is estimated that 266,000 companies dropped their health coverage between 2000-2005 and 90 percent of those firms have less than 25 employees. Rapidly rising health insurance premiums are the main reason cited by all small firms for not offering coverage. Health insurance premiums are rising at extraordinary rates. The average annual increase in inflation has been 2.5 percent while health insurance premiums for small firms have escalated an average of 12 percent annually.4

• Ingrid

Fortunately I have Health Insurance but just today I got a letter informing me that within the next 2 weeks I will get a notice of Premium increases.

I am afraid it will be quite an increase and that is why they send a notice up front so the shock won't be as bad.

It is hard to pay the premium now. Help needed.

i am. i fell down the other night and fractured my skull. 3500.00 bux later i'm getting better. and i found out my blood pressure is high. however, i don't base my opinions on policy that may or may not apply to me.

here's the deal. we are already paying for national health insurance. all you have to do is look at the cost of medicare/medicaide. for this country to deny people primary care is very VERY foolish. we wind up paying for catastrophic care which could be prevented IF people went for regular check ups and such. it's just that f'n simple, and i am a card carrying con. i really don't know how people can ignore this elephant sitting in our kitchen and say it aint there.

it's really easy to do too. i mean, i know how to create a socialized health system that would work so it cant be that complicted. duh.....

• Hung H

Nope and with the 700 billion dollar bailout there will be NO socialized health care in the next 4 years, I do not care who is President.

The number is probably more and having Health insurance doesn't always mean your covered, trust me when you someday God-forbid have a high cost surgery the Insurance companies are gonna bail leaving you with a $50,000 bill.

Nope. But I pay out of pocket for my health insurance without corporate assistance. Just like I pay for my car insurance. And my homeowners insurance. And my life insurance. And my disability insurance. Et cetera.

Yes,Obama's.What good is a $5,000 tax break at the end of the year if you can't pay the premiums all year? You will still have no insurance and no tax break either.And I think the number is much higher than that.

NOPE

i pay 100 bux a month

blue cross blue shield

its crappy coverage, but at least its something

and if i get hit by a car and break my leg, i wont have to travel to india to get it fixed lol