This girl wants to take things slow?

Ok, so I have been dating this same girl for about a month now. We tend to hang out every other day of the week, and I usually take her out on the weekends. But after a month, the most action ive seen are hugs, and slight kisses. She's an amazing girl, and acts the part of a girlfriend most of the time. She has... show more Ok, so I have been dating this same girl for about a month now. We tend to hang out every other day of the week, and I usually take her out on the weekends. But after a month, the most action ive seen are hugs, and slight kisses. She's an amazing girl, and acts the part of a girlfriend most of the time. She has invited me to meet her family, and saids she always wants to see me. However, she hasnt exactly said it, but she is taking things slow.

She has explained that she feels she is afraid of being hurt, and perhaps needs time to gather herself before getting into a relationship. She has said that she has no idea when things will get serious enough for her to call me a boyfriend, and that it could be awhile. She saids that sometimes she cant believe that I like her, but regardless of what she saids, I am a little torn up about the fact that it seems she cant see me as her bf yet.

I wonder, what does it actually mean when a girl needs an un-alloted ammount of time to figure things out? I have talked to her, and it seems like it may be something I still have yet to earn, but I dont know if im just being kept aroung until something else comes up. Is it ever a good thing when you have to work for several months to reach the point of being exclusive to one another?

Please tell me if you think im wasting my time, and setting myself up for failure.