Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

does anyone know a real hangover cure?

i'm so extremely hung over today! i feel like hell, if i move from my bed for a longer period of time other than to go to the toilet, i feel like im going to either thow up, faint or die!!! i need a real hangover cure!!!

-extreme amounts of Vodka caused this!

• Jeff D
    Favorite Answer

Most of the symptoms classically grouped together as a "hang over" are dehydration related (not all though) the best thing to do to avoid a hangover in the morning is drink water while you are drinking the night before and (if you are conscious at all) try to drink before bed, and if you wake up during the night drink then too. Remember, chemically speaking it takes two molecules of water to digest one molecule of alcohol, and alcohol is a diuretic, if you are drinking alcohol you are WAY in the negative fluids wise.

Pedialite is also a great hangover cure, you know that junk they give little kids when they have diarrhea, it's because it is meant to cure intense dehydration.

this always works for me:

take two vitamin C tablets, an extra strength tylenol, and drink two bottles of water before going to bed. although this might not help you the morning after, it will help you the next time around :)

just drink lots of water - you feel like crap because you are dehydrated. better yet, drink something high in electrolytes, such as gatorade or a children's electrolyte replacement drink.

there is no cure! unless you consider TIME! and drink water to help flush the alcohol out of your system. You are very dehydrated...that is basically what a hangover is...severe dehydration!!

Source(s): personal research for a cure!! lol!!

In my case, I usually drink a very hot coffee or eat a very hot noodles and if neither works, I drink a glass of milk or orange juice.

This may sound sick but best is to get it all up and out of your system. I use to wake up and drink milk and then force myself to vomit. Never drink or eat anything else so the vomit comes up smooth. It worked for me often.

a banana milkshake really helps, and if you don't have all the ingredients handy just plain bananas and lots of water work too. V8 vegetable juice helps replenish the vitamins and nutrients you lost...but it wouldn't mix with the milkshake. going in a completely different direction, people say greasy foods work too, but i've only tried the other ones so idk if grease helps.

Pho from a vietnamese restaurant! Trust me

drink prickly pear juice 5 hours before you start drinking

sleep it off but keep your self hydrated...

when you drink like that always make sure you're drinking water with every drink you have..