Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

what is the easiest way to lose weight during the winter?

I have a hard time in the winter keeping my weigth down. I really want to stay fit this winter...all of my jeans are starting to get small! Help!

Favorite Answer
  • Andrea

I found the book to be very informative and easy to read.

I've lost 17 pounds in 12 days, I'm just concerned that I'm losing too much weight, too quickly. I will admit I haven't followed the guide exactly. I'm not sticking perfectly to the listed foods and meal plans (but mostly) and doing very little exercise, but the weight keeps flying off.

It clearly works and if I'd followed it exactly I think it would scare the living daylights out of me because of the amount that I'd lose. So thanks again for the information. I've never purchased anything like this before because they are usually full of trash, but 3WD has been a pleasant surprise.

Get started today!

If you do what i do you wont want to go back to your old way. Buy a step stool. You can just buy one at walmart over in the plastics. You could go to a sports store and buy a real one (they're safer because they have weights in them do you dont kick it over and trip). I've been using a cheap walmart one for ten years now. I just step up and down off of it, rotating legs five minutes left leg and then five minutes right leg. I do it an hour everyday. You'll have to start out at less minutes, but you can keep adding as you build indurance. The only warning is don't increase your food intake or you wont get nowhere. I never really dieted at first and lost, but eventually I did start eating more low calorie foods and lost even more! I used to be a neighborhood walker, but i started doing this cause I wanted to exercise and watch my TV shows, too. I never knew I was going to start loosing more weight from it! Try it !!!!! Even if you only start out ten minutes a day in three days you will loose!

I'm worried about this, too! And I HATE the cold, so I'm always holed up inside. I would suggest though taking up some winter sports, such as snowboarding or skiing. Thats what I'm gonna TRY to do. Also, be careful of the holiday food. Eat everything, but in small portions and LISTEN when your stomach is telling you you're getting full. Alot of times by the time we realize we're full, we're TOO full. If your like me and don't dig the freezing outdoors, take up Yoga or Pilates (or both).

putting the fork down.. get an exercycle... (with the magnents... that fold up.. they work very well) getting outside in the snow also will help, that's high output cardiac work.

stay away from salt, bread, crackers, soda, alcohol, junk food, processed foods in general.

eat veggies, fruits... fresh. stay the hell away from dairy at all costs.

drink your water...

get a juicer that removes the pulp and make fresh juices, be inventive.... get a mixer/blender and make fresh smoothies and fruits and veggies using soymilk...

eat properly, you'll feel better and that weight will start melting and pouring off of you.

plus you'll keep your colon clean and happy... a clean colon works many wonders with your entire body.

trust me....

it is that simple.. now just keep the willpower and meditate also..that increases blood flow and oxygen to the brain.

stick with this for your whole life and 5 years down the road you'll be thinner than you should be and folks will hate you for being youthful, thin and have the sexual energy of baby rabbits!

i know.. i've been doing this for 30 years.. and i still look like i'm 29.. hehehehehe!

the most important thing is try to not eat processed... the chemicals in that food is so bad for the system it can do you in... from septic poisoning from a backed up colon to stomach stunted and won't digest effeciently to headaches.. high blood pressure, clogged and brittle arteries to cancer, diabetes.. so on.

chemicals bad.. fresh good.

You can help to maintain your weight during the winter holidays by planning your menus in advance. When holiday shopping and activities get overwhelming, it’s pretty easy to decide not to cook dinner each night, leading to fast food or restaurant dining at a high calorie price. Instead, plan meals and commit to a bi-monthly shopping excursion to get what you need. Make sure your meals are calorie conscious, offering you satisfying food in appropriate portions, plenty of vegetables and fruit, and ease of cooking. With exercise, attention to diet, and conscientiousness at holiday parties, you can maintain your weight during the winter holiday

I know what you mean! I find the easiest way to keep my weight under control in the winter time is to eat a lot of healthy soup. It's warm, filling, satisfying, delicious, and comfort food to me. I generally make a big pot on Sundays and eat off it the whole week (for lunch or dinner). There's quite a bit of research (like this article) that shows that soup is great for diets:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Achieve-Maximum-Weight-L...

Here are some of my favorite healthy, low-calorie soup recipes:

http://www.easy-weightloss-tips.com/soups.html

Add some good exercise each day and your pants will be loose in no time! Good luck!

Run in a tread mill for 30 minutes intensively....5 or 6 days a week

you burn more calories in winter because your body needs to be warm

Go outside and continue doing what you would do if it was not winter. Just remember to dress in layers. If you get warm, take a layer off.

Swap a bowl of pasta for the bowl of vegetables. You can spend less to 200 calories by cutting the starch and adding veggies.

1. Hit a gym

2. Drink some green tea - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_tea

3. Get some acai berry in your diet fast (for internal weight loss like detox) http://www.acaifruitbenefits.com

4. THE GYM

5. Lots of water

6. running