Joe asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

If power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely -- will the Dems be absolutely corrupt?

So if the Dems win a few more seats in the Senate (not unlikely if Barack has long coattails) and they obtain 60 seats -- they'll have enough votes to vote cloture and stop any Republican filibuster. Then with Pelosi in charge of the House and Obama in the White House. The Dems will have ultimate power in the Legislative and Executive branches -- Baron Acton would be so proud. How long before the absolute power and thus the inevitable absolute corruption become too much for us to bear?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Best answer

They are already absolutely corrupt, but we need a change from the absolutely corrupt goons that are currently running the place. So if what you say might happen, actually does happen, we'll survive it and can kick the bums out at the next election.

• 1 decade ago

The Democrats are already corrupt! That's why people like me and Micheal Savage refer to the House as the house of ill repute! The Republicans have already forgotten what it means to be conservative!

Ahh! But Nero dances and sings, plays the violin while Rome burns! Caligula elects a horse to the senate! The Visigoths are coming, the Vandals are going to sack Rome! History, in a sick way, has a certain way of repeating itself!

A modern version of the Vandals sacking Rome might happen to Washington DC if we can get a third party in at 2012!

So let the powers that be crucify Hannibal, and Jesus (my LORD) and let them jail anybody that does not adhere to their laws! Let them execute the "religious right" by feeding them to the beast! Their day of reckoning is coming very soon!!!

Source(s): When in Rome. . . Do as the Vandals! Liberalism is a mental disorder!
  • sawaya
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

With a repuglican congress and a repuglican president we got here as close to a dictatorship as I even have ever seen in this united states, there have been no exams and stability and basically seem on the legislations that got here out of it. The patriot act and the militia act are suppression of our rights as electorate organic and easy. even regardless of the indisputable fact that it might desire to have been for the superb motives it grow to be nevertheless incorrect to trash our shape and that i do think of that the courts will throw the two a type of issues out.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

will the Dems be absolutely corrupt?

A: TOO LATE but they are already ABSOLUTELY CORRUPT but then so are some Republicans!

How long before the absolute power and thus the inevitable absolute corruption become too much for us to bear?

A: Its already too late.. It is IMPERATIVE that we keep Obama OUT of OUR White House!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

from what I hear on the streets of vegas, phoenix, denver,houston and new orleans in the last two weeks it has already became waaaaaaaayyyyyy too much. You know the only house Pee Losi ever ran right was decorated with red lights somewhere in the french quarter, and they even ran her nasty #&% out fort stealing the left overs. I guess it wouldn`t be too bad if we all wore the same type and color jump suits and lived in the same type projects and ate the same foods and watched our one and only gov. t-v station(cbs) communist broadcasting system, and worked as our fearless leader dictated...Oh wouldn`t life be so simple :) God bless america:)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They already are. After all, who led the charge to hand 700 billion dollars of public funds to pay off the gambling debts of private financial firms? The Democrats led this "bailout." With the bailout, Obama officially bailed out from his campaign promise for "change." If that is change, I'm the Pope.

• 1 decade ago

Absolutely. There will be no checks or balance, only under the table tax increase and pork projects. Chicago type politics.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

And I suppose you were doing a jig when Bush controlled the White House for 8 years. I guess he wasn't corrupt with his LIES about weapons of mass destruction. All the blood he has on his hands and all the Patriots waving their flags over a phony war that resulted in thousands dead, hundreds and hundreds of wives made into widows and children made fatherless and motherless. BUSH stole the election back in 2000 and has blood on his hands from this ludicrous war....can you be more corrupt than that? Chester Puller...did you even graduate from high school. Er...you look kind of er....well...I can't call names but I doubt whether you even have a GED. It is not YOUR white house.....you've probably never even been out of your state...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's not absolute power. There is still a mandate required for continued governance.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Don't worry the last time the Dem's had this kinda power, Clinton balanced the budget and this country was on the right path. The Dem's always inherit a mess from the Republicans, and clean it up.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.