Is the book Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk good/better than the film?

Does anyone like any other Chuck Palahniuk books?

Chuck Palahniuk is hands-down one of my favorite authors. I didn't read "Fight Club" yet, so I can't tell you my opinion. However I almost always think the book is better than the movie so if the rule holds true, then YES.

Palahniuk's work is social commentary and protest wrapped up in tasty plots so it slides down easy. Well written fiction either makes you think or keeps you from thinking too hard. Palahniuk's work that I _have_ read belongs in the first category.

I can heartily recommend "Lullaby" which contains one of my favorite quotes of all time:

"Big Brother isn't watching. He's singing and dancing. He's pulling rabbits out of a hat. Big Brother’s busy holding your attention every moment you're awake. He's making sure you're always distracted. He's making sure you're fully absorbed."

Palahniuk pulls rabbits out of hats and holds your attention, but that's where his resemblance to Big Brother ends. He is the stealthy saboteur.

He's been criticized for his work being too horrific. If you are easily distressed stay away from his more grizzly works ("Haunted" for example).

I just finished Snuff which was pretty good. I'm working on Diary now. I've also read Lullaby and that book was very intriguing. I've read most of his books (he's my fave author) and though Invisible Monsters is prolly my fave the second so far would be Lullaby. And Haunted of course. ;-) Go Saint Gut Free!

the book is far better than the movie

there's more details, and the quotes are amazing

i saw the movie first, and i still liked the book better

It's rare that I say this, but I liked the movie better.