Tom R
Tom R asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 decade ago

i just saw the movie blindness and thought it was great whats your opinion?

Saw the movie and I have to say that if you don't do well with disturbing or upsetting content then you may not like this film. This movie is truly about, not the plot but in fact the message of the film, I would say it is showing all sides of humanity. The director Fernando Meirelles is not afraid to show one of the most upsetting and disturbing rape scenes in film history. He by no means justifies rape, but merely shows in this situation that the power hungry get power by demeaning others and in this case killing one woman. It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people don't understand this film, it is not a simple thriller / political thriller, nor is it horror, it is entirely drama.

The other thing this film does is show just how much we humans rely on, yet take sight for granted. In a weird way it almost seems like the film is directed as if the viewer is blind. I absolutely loved this movie, even though it was deeply disturbing, it was an excellent look at the social structure of our society today.