The Movie Exorcist is a true Master Peace?

I think this is the best horror film made, it is some what different to other horror films. I just think its a shame some people don't take it seriously, because they have seen so many slasher flicks. It has affected me and people see it as dumb and don't understand the true meaning to this mind changing, thrilling... show more I think this is the best horror film made, it is some what different to other horror films. I just think its a shame some people don't take it seriously, because they have seen so many slasher flicks. It has affected me and people see it as dumb and don't understand the true meaning to this mind changing, thrilling movie.

It is one film that has gone down in cinema history, one that should never be forgotten. The thing is I can go through any horror film, including saw 3 which I saw at the theatres and just Laugh my head off through the hole film.
But yet when I watch Exorcist that is a totally different story, its not some clown who jumps out, its a film which can give you high emotional levels and effect you psychologically.

No dumb answers ok, oh its rubbish funny haha.

Possible older people to answer this. Thanx