How old were you when you found out the truth about Santa Claus?

I was 9 or 10 I think.

Favorite Answer

I think 7 or 8. An older cousin was sleeping over and told my sister and I. It was late at night and we went crying to our parents room demanding the truth. I don't remember what they told us, but whatever it was it was too late.

I STILL believe in Santa Claus!

• Patsy

12

11

What truth about Santa Claus? Santa lives at the North Pole and every Dec 25th he brings lots of toys to the good girls and boys. I'm confused...what in the world are you talking about? Have I not been told something?

No, honestly, I think I knew early on, like about 7 or 8. I caught my parents up putting together toys one year because I was sick. It really ruined it. They told me the truth and I had 5 brothers and sisters and they swore me to secrecy. I kept it thinking I was "mature". I finally blew it the next year when I was fighting with one of my sisters.

Peace & Love :)

I was 8 and my dad came in to my room, asked what was wrong, and said are you upset b/c there is no Santa, and I was devastated. I was upset b/c he my mom were talking of separating. Then he tells me there is no Santa, total sadness, and loss of the magic of Christmas. I hope to get one last Christmas out of my 8 year old daughter. She has asked me a couple questions, but she does not seem to want to find out Santa is her Mommy and Daddy. I love Christmas, and think Santa is real in spirit! I hope to pass that on to my kids. I know some people say it is lying, but I never viewed it that way.

You're telling me there's no Santa Claus? Next, you'll be deleting the Easter Bunny!

• jenny

About eight years old, In the summer I found their Santa suit in a closet, and I sat in the closet all by "me" self and cried tears, as I then knew what my brother told me was true! as well a few kids on the play ground. LOL

Probably 4 or 5, lol. I've always been a smart kid. No one told me. There was no talk about it. I just figured it out, and continued to enjoy my gifts.

I think I probably was pretty relieved when I learned the truth because the thought of a man who lived apart from the rest of the world with midgets, and flying deer kind of creeped me out. lol

What really freaked me out was that one night I heard noise on the roof when I was small, and I fell quick to sleep. Maybe it was my Grandpa, yesterday made a year that he died. May God forgive him and rest his soul.

• CJ

Yeah around 8 or 9. I caught my dad putting the presents under the tree. Devastating!

10, my older brother had written an essay on his favourite holiday-he said Christmas. In his essay he wrote Christmas was his favourite "despite Santa not being real".

I read this because it was on the dining table....I was heartbroken.

This was 2 weeks before Christmas :(