This girl im seeing wants to take things slow, now im confused.?

OK so ive been seeing this girl for almost two weeks now. Were great together, we both love cars, the same music and movies, and have the same sense of humor. Not only that were comfortable with each other and always have something to talk about. Im 17 and shes 18. The one little problem is that were both so busy we only get to hang out 2-3 nights a week. So heres the big problem.

Im ready for a serious relationship, of course I didnt tell her this, but she just got out of a long term one and she told me that she is very confused right now and wants to remain friends. But also we both agreed that we like each other and are comfortable with where we are at and just need to take things slow. The thing is, im not too sure what to do now, because im already starting to fall for this amazing girl and shes... confused. I just dont want to lose this one, its the only girl I can honestly say that besides a physical attraction, i just plain flat out love being with her cause I can relate to her. Its not like we did anything extreme to scare her, weve watched movies and cuddled and kissed.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best answer

if she wants to take things slow then you should she will appreciate it and respect you. then maybe if you show her that your not going to push things then she will probably like you more, just give it time you never know what might happen!

• 1 decade ago

Okay, so you have been together going on 2 weeks. Babes, you need to relax and let her relate to you more. If she's just getting out of a relationship, then you need to be more understandable as to why she says shes confused. That doesn't necessarily mean she's not ready. You have to let things naturally grow. Two weeks is not long enough to put a name on a relationship. I understand that your ready, but one main part of a relationship is UNDERSTANDING !!! Talk with her, and don't pressure her. If your as comfortable with her already, than trust that she does look at you as someone special in her life. Also, 2-3 nights a week being your age, is good. I'm sure you guys are in school or work, so enjoy the new time you are sharing and don't be afraid to open up to her. Make her open up to you and share her true feelings. Things will work out if made to be.. Good Luck to you Both!!!

• 1 decade ago

you're 17. Taking it slow isn't exactly what you are doing at all. You said you have only been together for 2 weeks and only seen each other a couple times a week...so that's like 5 at the most, dates...Give it some real time and let things progress and it will only get better. Relax and have fun. Don't get all involved with wanting everything or nothing. Life isn't that clear cut. Friends first is the best thing in the world for a future relationship. Good...even great idea to wait til you're legal also...

• 1 decade ago

Just remain close friends, and stay with her. Let her come into the relationship on her own terms. After lengthy relationships, especially with a bad ending, most people need time to get their lives back together. There is a lot of emotional investment involved in a long term relationship, and she is obviously not ready to invest that much again.

For now, just be happy with what you have, make sure she is doing ok, and make sure she knows you are there for her. Don't smother her with attention, or you might scare her away. She will be much more willing to enter a relationship with you if you allow her to make the decision in her own time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

You need to take it slow. Give her the time and the space that she needs. You will make her feel that she is worth the wait. She will feel safer and more secure the fact that you are willing to wait for her will mean the world to her. After being in a long term relationship she probably needs a break from all the seriousness. If it was meant to be it will be.

• 1 decade ago

If she wants to take it slow, take it slow. If you really do love her (and i'm not doubting that) she'll be worth the time in the end.

Endings of relationships are hard on you, and its not surprising she's a bit confused at the moment, especially if it was a long term one.

Stick with her, but don't try and push her. If you find yourself getting impatient then maybe she isn't the one for you.

Good luck.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

listen, your sounding like girlfriends are all life is, you have to give each other space, remember that always. I had a relationship for almost a year with just seeing the person once a week, so we had something to look forward to during the weekends. things will turn around

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think that you both are young. It is wise to take time for yourself to think after you end a serious relationship, and before entering into another. Just continue to be a good friend and when/if the time is right you'll take it from there.

• 1 decade ago

If you like her then you will respect her decision to take it slow. Jumping in after she has just left a serious relationship could lead her to think you are just a rebound. I suggest moving as fast as she is ready for, that way you don't pressure her and then have her freak.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Have you ever heard the saying "do 15 get 20". Perhaps its the fact that you are under age that is keeping her from doing anything else with you.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.