Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Can Chuck Palahniuk ever out-write Fight Club?

I didn't think so, but this sounds intriguing.

" I've just finished the first draft of a novel called "Pygmy," a dark comedy about terrorism and racism. The lead character is a 13-year-old foreign exchange student sent to live with a suburban, white, middle-class family. Oh, and they're Christians. The visit is for six months, and he's one of a dozen similar kids, all shipped to America to live with typical families.

The secret truth is that Pygmy is a terrorist, trained since infancy in martial arts, chemistry and radical hatred of the United States. He has six months to build a prize-winning project for the National Science Fair. If he succeeds, he and his project will go to Washington, D.C. for the finals competition -- where the project will explode, killing millions.

So far, Gerry Howard says it's the best book I've done. Fingers crossed for luck."

from http://chuckpalahniuk.net/news/plot-chuck-palahniu...

I don't think so.

Fight Club was his first, and therefore had more of an impact. As he's now written more books, that have just as dark a content, no matter how good, it has now been done before.

Plus, he's undergone a style change since Lullaby which I'm just not a fan of x[.

I haven't actually been impressed with any of his more recent books or stories except for Guts. More and more, it feels like he's just writing to shock people.

Though I guess this sounds interesting. I wonder where he'll take it.

For me though, nothing will surpass Fight Club. For the fans of his new stuff, they might have a different answer.

I'll cross my fingers that Brad Pitt is cast in the role of Pygmy.

Suh-weet!

Yes. Yes. Yes.

That does sound interesting.

Fight club sounds crappy.