Painting doll ceramic components?

My wife is a doll collector. Unfortunately, I accidentally knocked one of her dolls down while putting up Xmas decorations. Both of its legs smashed to pieces.

I have reassembled them with superglue, but some parts were so shattered I had to fill in with fibreglass filler. That has all gone well, but now the legs look patchy.

So I'm wondering if anybody knows what sort of product or paint might be used to resurface the legs?

They are unglazed, and are the natural colour of the clay. I can only describe the colour as "dusty pink".

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Folk Art has ceramic paints that you can mix a tad to try and match the rest of the ceramic. If you want to use acrylic paint I suggest using Folk Art also as the colors will mix with each other the best. Acrylic will not last as long as the ceramic paints and they do fade more rapidly with sunlight and will collect "dirt" right out of the air. The ceramic will "seal" the patched spots and they won't be affected by light or dust.

Good luck!

you can use non fired ceramic paint stains

duncan, gare , mayco are some brand names that work well.

Be sure to use a matt finish, best of luck

or order

replacement parts from a doll hospital

Paint the whole thing with Acrylic.