How many text messages does the average teen girl send?

have 2 teenage daughters and I just got my most recent cell phone bill. One of my daughters (almost 18) had 1100; the younger one (14 1/2) had 20,000+. If you're a teen, how many do you have per month?? If you're a parent, what have you experienced with your kids?

Thanks!

• nicole

i send zero per month.

just tell them to talk on the phone or cancel unlimited texting.

20,000+???????????? Is that overall, as in for all of your phone history, or just in one increment of billing time??

I'm a 15 year old guy, I own a cell phone, yet I'd be lucky to send 10 text messages a month!! I don't know who the heck I'd talk to that much! Plus, my cell phone service is just plain crappy. I hate it. I can't turn the stupid thing on without something going wrong. And, it's on prepaid minutes (parents won't let me have anything else). Therefore, many services that my phone's technology offers, I can't even access! And, I can't "type" on a cell phone fast at all. I find it easier and frankly more fun to communicate over instant messenger, email, or telephone.

I'm 19, but I don't send almost 1100 texts a month. I send about 100 or something a month. 20,000 is a lot though.

Well, I send and receive at the most 500. Its probably all those forwards, you know "Forward this or you'll die" stuff. I'd maybe talk to them about that, and try to eliminate all those. Also try talking to them about the one word text messages, teens have a habit of sending a lot of them. Or, if any of this isn't working for you, I would most likely pay the money to buy Unlimited, because 20,000?That's pretty extreme. This would overall save you money, instead of having to pay for each individual text.

I've sent never 20,000 text but in one month I'll do anywhere from 500 to 700 but thats not all the time.

• At 30 cents per message, you've got a pretty hefty bill there, unless you have unlimited...

I would take that cell phone away from her if I were you and teach her how to speak with her mouth, not her fingers

one of my friends probably sent like 4000 in a month, so 1100 isnt that bad. now 20,000 that is a sh*tload of texts, she must know a lot of people, lol.

20,000+?? ...in a month?.... theres no way! i hope you mean 2000+ im not a teenager but i can definetly do some texting. i think i have reached 1000. i dont text 24/7 though.

i hope you have unlimited texting LOL

15 year old here.. and i HATE texting.. i think it's rude how people go out to dinner with people and text the whole time. if you have something to say, just CALL them for the love of God...

i send like 10 a month.. and that's only replying to other people.

i send like 3500 a month but how the hell does some one send 20000 texts!!! thats more then me and i text like 24/7 and i text like 3 people at a time

i have unlimited

I send at least 500 a month

I get 500 free texts on my pay as you go plan, and I like to use free things :)