"Song" in Gaelic, Russian, Japanese, Hebrew, and other languages?

How do you say "song" in other languages and what are the pronunciations? I've used Babel Fish and some other translation sites, but I am still unsure of proper pronunciations.

In Russian:

Song = Песня (piesnya, accent on IE)

The Gospels have been all written in Greek, no longer for a Hebrew objective industry. scholars haven't any theory who wrote Matthew, besides the shown fact that it replaced into merely approximately in no way the disciple primary as Matthew. An early Christian Bishop did declare that Matthew wrote it, in Hebrew, yet scholars see not one of the actual considered indicators of translation interior the earliest (Greek) variations.

I don't know how you say "song" in the other languages you mention, but in Hebrew is "Shir", it is pronounced "sheer". It is written like this in Hebrew: שִׁיר

In French, song is "chanson", in Italian "canzone" and in Portuguese "música".

Source(s): My knowledge www.wordreference.com

In Japanese, song is 'uta' and pronunced as 'wu-ta.'

Of cource, the word 'song' is also a popular word.

Source(s): a native Japanese Speaker
  • jk

In Irish its "amhrán"

Pronounced ow-rawn

song = canção portuguese

Pronunciation:

kan from word "gengis Kan" + soun from word "sound"

In Hebrew - שיר ("Sheer")