Teen girls and relationships these days. What's the truth?

I have a few questions about how attraction works in modern society around teens. Now, I'm no expert, but just about every site you see that gives out advice about girls always says things like "Be nice" or "Be respectful". Though, through experience, I have learned that that is not... show more I have a few questions about how attraction works in modern society around teens.

Now, I'm no expert, but just about every site you see that gives out advice about girls always says things like "Be nice" or "Be respectful". Though, through experience, I have learned that that is not always the case, at least with teens.

Now I'm a teen myself, and I'm generally a nice person (probably because how I was raised) though I am about as social as anyone else. I have no problem talking to girls. However, I have noticed that teen girls seem to like the "bad boy" image. Now this comes as no surprise to me. But, what is contrary to what the help sites say, I noticed that they often go for the arrogant douchebag kinds of guys who have no respect. This is what frustrates me most of the time. Could be because arrogance may be misconceived as confidence?

Please explain to me this. Is it because teenagers are immature, and when they mature (age 19+) they begin to search for guys that are more caring, like a father?
Update: Also, I may be respectful and nice, but that doesn't mean I don't know how to have fun and not be boring haha.