Katey asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What is Tapioca pudding?

I see people talking about it in the movies eg: tapioca pudding. But when I research it, it says it is a flavourless root extract...doesn't sound very appetising.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Soma
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

tapioca pudding is made out of tapioca pearls and well pudding. tapioca pearls are flavorless, colorless, odorless starch extracted from the root of the plant species Manihot esculenta.

It tastes pretty good in pudding and in boba tea. (bubble tea)

• ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Is Tapioca Fish Eggs

• 1 decade ago

It's a little bite of heaven.

You mix milk, sugar, and egg in a saucepan, along w/ some tapioca pearls. These are round balls of starch from the root of a plant. Usually they have to be soaked in water, but there is instant tapioca available. Anyway, you bring the mix to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. it will thicken. remove from heat, add vanilla, and let cool. I love it best eaten warm. There is a nice vanilla pudding and the cooked tapioca pearls are sort of suspended throughout.

Man, I'm gonna go make me some now!

• 4 years ago

Yes, Tapioca coconut pudding is nice in India:}*

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tapioca pudding (also sago pudding) is a sweet pudding made with tapioca and, usually, milk. It is made in many cultures, in many styles. Its consistency ranges from thin (runny), to thick, to firm enough to eat with a fork.

The pudding can be made from scratch using tapioca in a variety of forms: flakes, coarse meal, sticks, and pearls. Many commercial packaged mixes are available also. Uncooked, tapioca pearls resemble pellets of styrofoam; cooked, they resemble fish eggs.

Source(s): wikki
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Tapioca pudding is rice pudding but tapioca is portuguese for rice see u learn something new everyday but no offence thatase why they call it rice pudding.

• 1 decade ago

a delicious pudding with little tapioca balls in it they don't really taste like anything but theyre a cool texture. tastes kinda like vanilla SOO goood

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

3 cups organic milk, divided

1/3 cup small pearl tapioca

2 extra-large egg yolks, lightly beaten

1/4 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt

1/3 cup sugar

1 vanilla bean, split along the length (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)

• 1 decade ago

It's excellent and I highly recommend it with pearl tapioca

• 1 decade ago

deliciousness. It is little gel balls in a vanilla pudding. It is very good tasting

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.