If President Barack Obama asked to see you ...?

in a private meeting and asked for your advice on how the nation should be ran what advice would you give him and why?

To upgrade to an iPhone. Blackberry is yesterday's news!

I would first of all congratulate him on a well run campaign. I would then tell him that I voted for him but that does not ensure my continued support. I would tell him that his decree of change and his calm demeanor were selling points but that actions are key to my continued allegiance and possible second term vote. I would then request, suggest and advise the following:

1. Do not posture to the public on any issues. If something needs to be addressed and an executive order is not necesssary, handle it the general way. Your are not a celebrity and the White House is not a stage.

2. If you hope to get anything done, the lobbying restrictions have to be even harder than you have already advised.

3. When in the White House be reminded you are our employee. Celebrities, designers and excess does not ensure a financially strapped America of your honesty and integrity,

4. Find and capture Bin Laden and make it your first priority.

5. The financial crisis is a huge issue......you state that things will get worse before better. This is a huge country with many resources and genius financial minds. Use those resources. Set up a financial bounty that challenges the best financial minds in the country to design plans to change this situation.....be it from college students or whomever. Entertain new ideas such as legalizing marijuana and taxing it (even if it only be medical). Do a one penny tax: One penny is added on to every book sold, every clothing item sold etc (and pay the debt) Get creative

• Don

My advice would be for him to start an investigative committee WITH TEETH to recover the trillions of dollars the oil speculators (who raised the price of oil every time they spotted a cloud over the Atlantic) cheated the world out of and recover it (with interest)...and, in that package, include the Bush/Cheney conspiracy to make them 'personally' pay for the billions of dollars the illegal war is costing us followed by lifetime imprisonment, if not as traitors, then as incredibly stupid, arrogant fools. I would also take the opportunity to thank him for his intelligent speech this morning...

I would advise him to cut taxes, reduce spending and eliminate overbearing government regulations including environmental, social and political. Repeal the Income Tax and replace it with a Consumption Tax. Invest in advanced Defense systems to force our enemies to try to keep up.

That ought to fire up the economy in record time.

For Homeland Security, leave the GITMO prisons intact. Finish the border fence and increase the presence of the Boarder Patrol and National Guard on the Border with Mexico. Deport all illegal aliens. Permit more Legal Immigration and a temporary worker program.

*

Establish one house so that the fluid state to discuss any matter openly on most democratic way is ensured as there can be always only two groups establishes on pure discussion out puts.

Why he implemented many of the Immigration reform bill's policies by executive order instead of waiting on a congressional vote?

I wouldn;t ask him to change a thing, the idea of closing Guantanamo was a pretty good idea. The president of Afghanistan thinks so to, (ironically) it will help the image of America in fighting the threat of terrorism globally. However, i would still tell him that i hope he knows what he is doing. The bad Economy, Wars in the middle east, and the alarming rate of which jobs are being lost....i hope his plan will make it through.

P.S. To all the idiots who say he should resign, i ask for what? I know he has accomplished more in his earlier years in education, than bush has. And im sure that those who say that Bush was a bad idea, i know there's at least one of you who put him in that office without knowing much about him. It's the same now, if you don't know ANYTHING about Barack Obama, then why question his knowledge and experience? Actions always speak louder words, give him time to prove you F***s wrong.

Source(s): Just my deep ideas on important national events...

To read Colin Powell's primer on leadership.To be careful, very careful, to who he listens to in Washington, and very open to the voice of We the People. To completely discard the established Party agenda(s) from both sides of the aisle. Finally, govern as little as possible. We are so over governed here now, we are in danger of losing our Sovereignty as it is. All that...and Godspeed.

Finally, tell him that I would not have his job for all of the gold at Fort Knox.

I would ask if I could be his No 2 in command as I am sassy,a good organiser,and have good rapport with people in all levels of society.As his No 2 I would perform miracles!!! he could just sit i the White house enjoying a cigar and rest up let me run riot!!!

I would be the wrong person to ask such things. I'm easily annoyed and look for permanent solutions to everything. To solve the middle-east conflict, I'd just permanently remove the middle-east.

Stop spending mnoey we don't have.

Take a pay cut.

Bring back jobs from overseas.