Please help!...i was just rejected.. and I really need some advice?

Guys Please help!...i was just rejected.. and I really need some advice? There has been this guy in my college classes that has been finding me at my study area and approaching me on a consistent basis for the last 6 months always to ask silly questions that dont have much substance.. yet we still arent really... show more Guys Please help!...i was just rejected.. and I really need some advice?
There has been this guy in my college classes that has been finding me at my study area and approaching me on a consistent basis for the last 6 months always to ask silly questions that dont have much substance.. yet we still arent really friends.

He is american, but hindu.. and has a conservative family and I'm white american.. and not at all conservative. One day we even talked for 2.5 hrs after school when he could have gone home. We were seeing each other even more frequently recently (bc he was finding m e).. it was like he was meeting w me for every excuse possible.. so i was sure he liked me. So thinkin he was nervous (prob a virgin.. maybe never had a gf) i decided ok.. im finally gonnna hit on him.. bc he just seems to be unsure of how to move it to the next level. So i wrote on my paper " What are you doing tonight" and grinned..He pauses, smiles, and says "nothing". Then throughout class he seemed to be nervous... but he wasnt sending any " i am trying to get as far away from you as possible vibes" For example. his legs were pointing towards me and close to me.. a general indicator of interest, not something ud think he'd do if he didnt like me and was like oh no... she likes me.. hed prolly try to get far away, and turn slightly away. So then right as class gets over I say "hey have you ever been to the honors lounge".. and hes like "no"...and i said "do you want me to show you where it is?", and i laughed then he says"eh i dont think so, i think im gonna go home" quickly changed the subject and went home.

TOTal punch to the stomach. What went wrong? What do you think of it all?
Did he never like me, was he a chicken, is a afraid of going against his parents wishes? Whats most likely do you feel?