Crate training a whining, howling, crying olde english bulldog puppy, how do I make it stop?

We just brought home our second puppy, an 8 week old olde english bulldog puppy. He whines, howls and cries everytime we put him in his crate. We are trying to crate train him and taking him out for socialization etc. but he continues to do this everytime we put him back. We have tried ignoring him but it just... show more We just brought home our second puppy, an 8 week old olde english bulldog puppy. He whines, howls and cries everytime we put him in his crate. We are trying to crate train him and taking him out for socialization etc. but he continues to do this everytime we put him back. We have tried ignoring him but it just gets louder and worse. We've bought books and have another 6 month old puppy, a bichon frise, who've we had training classes for. When we trained her, the books said to just tap the crate and she should stop, which she did. Now I am seeing people say to just ignore our whiney puppy but when we do, he continues to do it louder. We also take him out multiple times throughout the day and night yet he has had 4 poopy accidents in his crate since we've had him (3 days). Any advice on what we should do?
Update: I am not leaving him in all day, we are putting him in there for short periods of time throughout the day when he cannot be supervised to ensure no accidents and to get him used to it. The crate is a good size for him and he is not pooping in one corner but right where he is sleeping. I too have read that dogs... show more I am not leaving him in all day, we are putting him in there for short periods of time throughout the day when he cannot be supervised to ensure no accidents and to get him used to it. The crate is a good size for him and he is not pooping in one corner but right where he is sleeping. I too have read that dogs should naturally not potty where they sleep but he continues to do so.