How do you keep a 10 gallon gold fish tank clean?

I have a 10 gallon tank with pump that I set up about 8 days ago. I used a formula for the water as directed to treat it before putting any fish in. So far I have one red telescope goldfish in there but i want to add more. However, the water is kind of cloudy. Before I add more fish how do I keep the water crystal clear? The guy at the pet store said to just wait and it will take care of itself, but nothing has changed. What do I do?

10 gallons of soap and one squeegie

Goldfish are extremely messy and require larger tanks then a 10 gallons especially for 3. Chances are you added fish too fast and because the tank was not cycled the ammonia has spiked. The ammonia removers do not do much good. They only mask the problem and turn the ammonia into a less harmful form. Do you have a filter? Have you tried adding a bacteria to upstart the cycle? You'll likely need to remove 50% of the water every day for a week or two beforr the bacteria starts to grow.

Please read up on the "cycling" of a fish tank, your tank has started this process once you added the fish. It is not abnormal for the water to be cloudy in the beginning stages.

http://www.aquatic-hobbyist.com/profiles/misc/fish...

You should defiantly not add another fish, it will be tough keeping just this one healthy until the biological filter has established itself. You will have to do a water change very often.

But even when the cycle is complete you shouldn't add another goldfish. 10 gallons is the bare min 1 needs to stay healthy and grow, and you will still need to upgrade later.

The best method is a gravel filter you can buy at any aquarium shops,

the water will stay clear for about 2 months, there are also medicines for fishes like white spot and others, anti chlorine and clear- water to treat the water.

Don't put in the fishes straight away leave the water for about 2-3 day then add the fishes in, the fishes you put in have to be able to mix with other fishes don't buy fishes that are territorial they tend to fight except for angel fishes there are terrtorial but not fierce.

cheers

I would recommand getting a gravel filter and changing 50 % of the water and repeatedly changing 25% each week. Since gold fish are HUGE waist makers you should get a filter that is made for double the size of your tank.

You have a filter, Right? The filter should clear it up in no time.

Don't add anymore fish until the tank is completely settled.

Good luck

10 gallons is too small for one goldfish let alone two

there is this stuff that my mom uses in her fish tanks that she gets from petsmart or petco but i think you can get it at wal-mart as well. i cant remember what it is called but its a purple liquid you put in your tank and it clears cloudy water

ten gallons of clorox

clean it