How to Determine Distance from Acceleration [Physcs]?

Does anyone know how to do this, here is the problem.... Car A drives passed Car B at a constant 24 m/s.....Car A, which was at rest, starts accelerating at 2.3 m/s^2 the instant it is passed by car B. How far does car A travel before passing car B, and at what speed does car A pass car B? ... show more Does anyone know how to do this, here is the problem....

Car A drives passed Car B at a constant 24 m/s.....Car A, which was at rest, starts accelerating at 2.3 m/s^2 the instant it is passed by car B. How far does car A travel before passing car B, and at what speed does car A pass car B?

Please so equations, for me the "why" is more important then the answer itself. Thank you for your help!
Update: i get what you are saying about the motion as time passes, is there any specific formula I can use to find this?