Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 1 decade ago

In Japan, do they have television shows we watch translated into Japanese?

We have shows like Bleach and Pokemon that come directly from Japan, but are translated. So do they have shows from North America that are translated into Japanese?

Yes they do. Actually, in the animation world, Disney shows/movies are very popular in Japan. Some company is even making a japanese version of Lilo and Stitch, which will come to America in the later future. Also, movies from the U.S. are translated to air in japan. Many make it into theaters such as The Simpsons Movie.

Television shows are more of a novelty (besides disney shows). They don't appear as often, but they are still there. We have Ninja Warrior and Unbeatable Bansuke, they have some of our sports shows as well as other comic television programs.

Hope that answered your Q a bit.

nya nya

Ben 10 from Cartoon Network and part of Spongebob Squarepants was translated into Japanese, but other than that, I don't know.

But I'm sure there is more, America makes a lot of good movies, and those are translated into Japanese, so some of the TV shows should be too.

Source(s): I own a TV with the Japanese stations :)

Yes and no. It's still a great thing to learn English so some stuff is in American or English. It just depends some of it does get translated and some of it doesn't. Remember in some anime songs (intros) they sing in both English/American and Japanese

I know in the music industry they don't for the most part. The big acts don't have it translated they might have soem Japanese words on the cd cover or cd but that's about it

So it just depends I think Charlie's Angels was translated and so was Baywatch

I think so

I live in the UAE and they have North American TV shows here translated into Arabic, so I don't think it's out of the question for Japan to translate and produce North American shows.

yes, I was actually watching some mlpfim songs translated into Japanese. it was Japanese dub. yes I am a brony. don't judge.

i saw a clip of the lion king in Japanese dub

so yh i spose

and i think Disney is quite popular in japan

Yes.

Otherwise they wouldn't have made a Disney land in Tokyo

Of course they do,sweetie.

<3

• Jinn

I *think* Avatar is in Japanese

• shelby5 years agoReport

I thought that anime was made in the US.

• john m

more than likely...but i know they have movies translated...