Why is it so hard for Americans to realize that many of the African queens and Kings were of Dark skin?

Growing up I reconize that many history books tend to show light to white skin of kings and queens of Africa like in Egypt . I know some of you will say the Barber are white ummmmmmmm you have to understand Africa is of many cultures the true Barber are not white they come in many different complexions; to me... show more Growing up I reconize that many history books tend to show light to white skin of kings and queens of Africa like in Egypt . I know some of you will say the Barber are white ummmmmmmm you have to understand Africa is of many cultures the true Barber are not white they come in many different complexions; to me its only a scape goat to make children feel like African history consist of lighter skin to white skin is are the kings and queens and more develope society.Furthermore , history tend to show the darker Africans in huts wearing grass skirts or were slaves brought over to the America's . I mean African has a rich history but many historians tend to dillute the true facts well the ones in social studies books. Africans with dark skin where kings and queens of great Egypt . Africans traded goods and many other things other than dancing around in their skirts. Even in today's African society ,the media gives only a one sided view of African people. It kind of hurt my feelings when young American children are shock when they modernize African cities. One student asked me , were the Africans able to watch Obama Inguraton .. The reason he asked that because he thougtht peopel in Africans did not have tvs. Sad that he was only exposed to what the media shows our country of starving children , wars, and peopew with AIDS. Africa is more than that like all courntries they have their down falls However , the only Africans I ran into are very educated , can speak more than one language , and pretty. I KNOW A LOT OF MY SPELLING IS OFF BUT I WAS RUSHING .
Update: Wow Ed you proved my point Egyptians are in Africa . Not Middle easterners. Like I said there has been a lot of mixing in Afria .People have to reconize that whites and Middle easterner migrated to Northern Africa . That 's like me saying Native American's were white If you think Egyptians were .