Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!! : Will I be accepted in the NSW POLICE FORCE (Australia), with a history of ANXIETY?

Hi,

At the age of 14, i developed Anxiety after an allergic reaction, because i was worrying about the reaction. I had to take Zoloft for 12 months, and it cleared Anxiety.

I am now 21, and would like to join the NSW POLICE FORCE. I DO NOT have anxiety, nor take Zoloft anymore.

1. Will i be accepted in the POLICE FORCE?

2. Do you know anyone who HAS been accepted into a Police Force, with a history of Anxiety (similar to me)?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Favorite Answer

Probably all other things being equal. Anxiety is a form of fear but you say you do not have anxiety now and when you did have it it was a fear of medication reactions which has little to do with law enforcement.

• Emily

I have read some litterature about panic attacks. But they allways seem to have a more scientific approach and that is nothing I need in my struggle to survive those horrible panic attacks. This is a "hand on" and very practical book. I felt it was written to me. I am sure that you are going to feel the same.

Joe Barry writes exactly how I think. The examples are perfectly described. And the method is genius. I recommend this book and thanks Joe Barry for writing it. It changes your life