Weaning advice needed - Please help, I can't find the info I need anywhere else so Im turning to the experts!?

Hi, on the advice of our health visitor we are going to start weaning our 4 month old son onto solid food as hes a greedy guts and suffers badly from reflux. The problem is that although our HV briefly went over how to start it Im still confused. She said to give him some baby rice at one of his meals and thicken... show more Hi, on the advice of our health visitor we are going to start weaning our 4 month old son onto solid food as hes a greedy guts and suffers badly from reflux. The problem is that although our HV briefly went over how to start it Im still confused. She said to give him some baby rice at one of his meals and thicken it gradually until he can take it in a pastey consistancy. However, Im confused as to how we end up with him having 3 solid meals a day. I can't really explain what I mean properly as I have so many questions! Basically, he obviously starts with a bit of baby rice at one meal along with his bottle. Well how do we progress that to not having a bottle at all with that meal? And do we wait until hes off the bottle for one meal and then swap all of his other bottles to meals in one swoop?! Im really sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I've got no idea where to start and no-one seems to be giving me a straight answer, so I need some help from you straight-talking mummys! xxx
Update: - sorry, just to clarify - the HV hasn't said to stop milk completely, thats part of what I need to know really. How much of their feed should be solids and how much should be milk, and when do you get to a stage where its solids only? He's on 9oz bottles 4 times a day at the moment.