Need help - PC no display?

My PC boots (fans start up and keyboard lights up after 15secs etc) but I have no display. I have tried unplugging - both RAM sticks - HDD (hard drive) - Wireless card - DVD / CD drive and I still get no display. BTW my pc never beeps as my boyfriend built it a year ago and he is a lazy a** and didn't... show more My PC boots (fans start up and keyboard lights up after 15secs etc) but I have no display. I have tried unplugging
- both RAM sticks
- HDD (hard drive)
- Wireless card
- DVD / CD drive

and I still get no display. BTW my pc never beeps as my boyfriend built it a year ago and he is a lazy a** and didn't plug in the case speaker. But it seems to boot OK, just no display.

My monitor works fine. Plugged it into my laptop to check it and extended desktop and nothing wrong with it.

What are some possibilities and suggestions? Please help!
Update: Ok just to clarify...I see nothing, absolutely nothing. The monitor never shows a single signal, its like its broken...but it's not because I tested it with my laptop
Update 2: I am looking for ways to diagnose the problem, not just spend a few hundred $$ because it could be x
Update 3: Ok so I uplugged absolutely everything except the motherboard and graphics card (no onboard). Same result. So I plugged 1 of my 2 sticks of RAM in and booted again and surprise, surprise...the monitor came of on 1 sec, as in the light on monitor when green, then without displaying anything, it went red again, and... show more Ok so I uplugged absolutely everything except the motherboard and graphics card (no onboard). Same result. So I plugged 1 of my 2 sticks of RAM in and booted again and surprise, surprise...the monitor came of on 1 sec, as in the light on monitor when green, then without displaying anything, it went red again, and no picture. This is good news because it means some kind of signal actually got to my monitor. This wasn't happening before.

The only thing different that I unplugged was the case fans and LCD lights, also the RAM was pulled out and put back in again.

Any suggestions?
Update 4: After my last post I removed then reinserted the graphics card (as I said b4, I have no onboard graphics) and it booted to BIOS, with full screen display and everything!!! Woot Then I turned it off, because teh HDD wasn't plugged in and so it couldnt boot windows. Stupidly I plugged in the case fans, other... show more After my last post I removed then reinserted the graphics card (as I said b4, I have no onboard graphics) and it booted to BIOS, with full screen display and everything!!! Woot

Then I turned it off, because teh HDD wasn't plugged in and so it couldnt boot windows. Stupidly I plugged in the case fans, other stick of RAM and the CD / DVD drive as well as the HDD. And then we were back to square one.

I removed everything again so its only motherboard and graphics card plugged in and now it won't boot again ARGH!

FYI no I don't have surge protect :( maybe that could be it. But the PC was working fine 4 days ago (when I had it on last) and it was normal, turned off normally and nothing suggested anything went wrong.....very strange
Update 5: my PC was unplugged from power for 4 days bcos I needed the powerpoint, this couldn't have anything to do with it, could it?
Update 6: I give up and will deal with this in the morning lol

I will post an update as to what happens