If an Australian flag is hanging vertically, what side does the Union Jack go on?

I have an Australian flag hanging in my room (even though i'm American, and because i don't have enough room to hang it normally i have it hanging from my ceiling by the little holes that would normally attach it to the pole. I know in the horizontal position the Jack would be on the left side, but when... show more I have an Australian flag hanging in my room (even though i'm American, and because i don't have enough room to hang it normally i have it hanging from my ceiling by the little holes that would normally attach it to the pole. I know in the horizontal position the Jack would be on the left side, but when it's vertical like that should it be on the left or right? I currently have it hanging on the right side, because it seemed logical, i just wanna make sure.
Update: Joan, no, not really, it is a full sized flag after all, and i have a fairly large room, on one wall i can't fit it because it has my door plus 2 double-door sliding-doored closets, the next wall has a window, and is covered in posters, and has the entertainment center and a giant clock on it the 3rd wall has a... show more Joan, no, not really, it is a full sized flag after all, and i have a fairly large room, on one wall i can't fit it because it has my door plus 2 double-door sliding-doored closets, the next wall has a window, and is covered in posters, and has the entertainment center and a giant clock on it the 3rd wall has a large set of windows, with about 3 1/2 feet on each side, i have the flag hanging vertically on the left side of the windows, and the 4th wall simply has no room, it has shelves and other furniture against it.
11 answers 11