If an Australian flag is hanging vertically, what side does the Union Jack go on?

I have an Australian flag hanging in my room (even though i'm American, and because i don't have enough room to hang it normally i have it hanging from my ceiling by the little holes that would normally attach it to the pole. I know in the horizontal position the Jack would be on the left side, but when... show more I have an Australian flag hanging in my room (even though i'm American, and because i don't have enough room to hang it normally i have it hanging from my ceiling by the little holes that would normally attach it to the pole. I know in the horizontal position the Jack would be on the left side, but when it's vertical like that should it be on the left or right? I currently have it hanging on the right side, because it seemed logical, i just wanna make sure.
Update: Joan, no, not really, it is a full sized flag after all, and i have a fairly large room, on one wall i can't fit it because it has my door plus 2 double-door sliding-doored closets, the next wall has a window, and is covered in posters, and has the entertainment center and a giant clock on it the 3rd wall has a... show more Joan, no, not really, it is a full sized flag after all, and i have a fairly large room, on one wall i can't fit it because it has my door plus 2 double-door sliding-doored closets, the next wall has a window, and is covered in posters, and has the entertainment center and a giant clock on it the 3rd wall has a large set of windows, with about 3 1/2 feet on each side, i have the flag hanging vertically on the left side of the windows, and the 4th wall simply has no room, it has shelves and other furniture against it.