Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What dose the term "Christian apologetics" mean?

OK

I looked it up on wiki

"Christian apologetics is a field of Christian theology that aims to present a rational basis for the Christian faith,"

but anyone got more information

I never knew that christain was ration in the first place

Favorite Answer

It is "apologizing" for all the BS in the bible and trying to make it actually work. "Sorry, that verse is a 'parable'!"

I always think of it as Christian Excuses.

The practice of 'Christian Apologetics' involves taking stuff that was obviously made up by superstitious people thousands of years ago - and attempting to convince people that it has a basis in reality.

It is the very embodiment of the term 'Epic Fail'.

(edit: Buddy R. couldn't stand toe to toe with my dog in a logical discussion)

I think it's a very stupid title to be honest. I would never call myself a Christian Apologetic. These are Christians who are easily conformed. It's ok to have a rational approach to the faith, but to call yourself an apologetic is silly. Where are the real Christians who will stand up and be counted, not apologizing about anything, but constantly learning and always being receptive to new ideas and persepectives!?!?!

.

Who's Christain? How is Christain Ration?

Spelling on R&S is atrocious today

It means defending the faith. You learn the Bible and relevant historical and scientific facts necessary to do so.

Atheists cannot stand to to toe with a Christian who knows the Word. Atheists know very few facts about the Bible but often quote the Bible out of context.

As you engage atheists in conversations and on these forums you will see that most of them have "talking points" that they take off of an anti-Christian website.

1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

Basically it's a school of thought that says if you come up with stupid analogies about bananas that you will convert more heathens to your asinine version of Christianity.

This as we all know, enhances your Heavenly-peen which determines how many virgins you get in heaven... or some s___ like that anyway.

The attempt to use reason and logic to defend the Christian faith.

I have yet to hear a single Christian apologist make anything even approaching a convincing argument.

That's people that spin Christianity so it sounds good. Public relations is a requirement with their track record. I never hear about apologetics for atheists.

www.thereasonforgod.com

Christianity ( and Judaism) make more sense of this life and universe than any other approach. Atheism, for example, is wildly irrational. For example, atheists claim to have "ethics" and "morals," but it seems to me that if there is no God, then we are all simply pieces of animated dirt. To pieces of animated dirt, on what basis can something be considered right or wrong, ethical or unethical? Of what value is life except that which animated pieces of dirt place on it?

It also seems to me that atheists are cowards. Why aren't they all simply out killing and raping, since that is what their philosophy leads to? They seem well-satisfied to hide like cowards under the collapsing umbrella of Christian ethics and morality, the ONLY ethics and morality that allows them to spew their hate-filled venom. (Two hundred years ago every atheist here would have drawn and quartered.)

Apologetics; in which you deal with the presuppositions of the person

who denies the existence of God.