How would you feel if (details inside)?

This happened to me: I applied for the Police Dept. they had 6 spots opened and 300 people who tried out. I beat everyone one the 1.5 mile running 9:45, I did over 100 push-ups, I did over 100 sit ups in a minute, I ran the 300 meters in 37 seconds. OVERALL I smoked everyone. I have an extensive military... show more This happened to me:
I applied for the Police Dept. they had 6 spots opened and 300 people who tried out. I beat everyone one the 1.5 mile running 9:45, I did over 100 push-ups, I did over 100 sit ups in a minute, I ran the 300 meters in 37 seconds. OVERALL I smoked everyone.

I have an extensive military background and specialized in teaching Marines how to shoot the m16 and 9mm. I have combat experience as well.

Not only that I also have a degree from a 4 year college.

The only thing that stopped me from being on the Police Dept was that I scored an 88.5 on the written exam the cut off was 90 due to the # of people who applied. I missed it by 1.5 points.

This is were I'm frustrated, they are willing to hire someone who is overweight and barely met the physical standards than someone who is in TOP PHYSICAL shape but missed the cut off due to the # of people who applied by 1.5 points.

Basically, I'm down and out do you think their judging system is fair?

All I want to do is be a Police Officer and provide security for people, I know it's the job for me, hands down.