Why are people still blaming whites for slavery.?

Its not like we personally di it. I myself have never owned a slave in my life and i'm pretty sure neither did any of my ancestors. People honestly need to stop being so ignorant. this is 2009 people. I'm not saying get over it, i'm saying stop blaming us for what "SOME" of our ancestors did. (not all white people owned slaves.)

and the majority of whites actually didn't. It was a real low percent of the people who did.

oops sorry i should have said SOME people.

actually my grandparents didn't live in america, so don't assume things. and how do i sound predjudice, this is a leginament question.

did i say black?! no i didn't. read the question again.

haha you make me laugh. and i am the barbaric b*tch. you don't seem properly educated. go bakc to school and learn something.

kittyhawk, you look constipated in your picture. i sure hope its not you.

steph.willson you are soo right. it is so unfair.

dude! r u seirous? all of the problems in the world are caused by white people? that shitt is funny! who ever that big jawed beeyotch is who said that is the most ignorant person I have ever heard! How long do white people have to accept your crying? I am not as nice as the girl who posted this was, and I personally don't want to hear your crap! You have never personally experienced slavery, not a single day in your whole life. You rob people, kill people, and violate more people than any race in America, but you claim the innocent role...STILL!!! White people have the least amount of rights out of every race that is here! YOUR PEOPLE will eventually supress us till we arent even allowed to say that white people are cute anymore.. cause some loud mouth black chick will be all like "what, u don't like ******?" what ever...

Body: You call me....

"redneck"

"Hillbilly"

"Slaker"

"Cracker"

"Honkey"

"Whitey"

"Gringo"

"Sage"

"Hicks"

and you think it's OK.

But when I call you:

"jungle bunny"

"spear chunker"

"coon"

"wet back"

"jiggaboo"

"porch monkey"

"sand ******"

"rag head"

"towelhead"

"Camel Jockey"

"****"

"Spook"

"******"

"KIKE"

"slant eyes"

or "Chink"

you call me a racist.

--You have the United ***** College Fund.

--You have Martin Luther King Day.

--You have Black History Month.

--You have Cesar Chavez Day.

--You have Yom Hashoah

--You have Ma'uled Al-Nabi

--You have the NAACP.

--You have BET.

plus You have plenty of others...

--If we had WET(white entertainment television) ...we'd be racist.

--If we had a White Pride Day... you would call us racist.

--If we had white history month... we'd be racist.

--If we had an organization for only whites to "advance" our lives... we'd be racist.

--If we had a college fund that only gave white students scholarships...you know we'd be racist.

--In the Million Man March, you believed that you were marching for your race and rights. If we marched for our race and rights...you would call us racist.

--Did you know that some high school students decided to make a club for only the white students because the other ethnicities had them. they all got sent to court for being racist but the african-american, Latino, and Asia clubs were not even questioned.

--You are proud to be black, brown, yellow and orange, and you're not afraid to announce it. But when we announce our white pride, you call us racists.

I am white and

i am proud.

But, you call me a racist.

Why is it that only whites can be racists?

Now watch, I'll be racist for reposting this

***** um... is that all you got? suckacock... oh.. I mean Kittyhawk? knew you were ignorant...

Source(s): personal irritation!

yeah I have no idea. I'm native and I don't complain about European people coming here and killing, raping, torturing, taking OUR land and enslaving my ancestors...because it is in the PAST!! GET OVER IT> non white ethnic groups have it way better in this country...I know it, and you know it, but you will never admit it, why keep beating a dead horse? Black people have more than been compensated in every way possible for what happened..not even directly to them, but to their great grandparents. There have been many many other races that were enslaved and treated very badly throughout history, but who are the only people that still complain about it? I look white but I am actually mixed and I have to write Native American on an application just so I can get health insurance...minorities are given way more, I know and I have experienced it first hand.

One race just wasn't a slave at some point. There are MANY other races out there who were slaves. The Native Americans, Jews, etc... also, Africa sold its own people to the USA. White people were also slaves too.

My ancestors were Native Americans, and they were treated worse than any immigrant. They were slaves, they were scalped, and they had everything taken away from them.. but yet you don't hear them still bringing up the past. The past is the past.

• cutsup

in the past slavery was an accepted part of society. blacks owned slaves as well as the british france, spain and yes even american indians. i couldn't care less if someone blames me for what anyone's ancestors did. besides, i don't think that the average person ever owned slaves. the chiefs in africa were the ones who sold their brethren into slavery.

britney, i don't understand your answer. could you please explain?

steph.wi right on, i agree 100%

No all blame us but many on here bring it up a lot! I was not there neither was my mum etc. I'm not even from the US so how the hell could have my ancestors been responsible!

Yet slavery has happened all over the world, not just in Africa and America and not only to Blacks. It's a contradiction theory to use by people for an excuse to be racist towards Whites.

Ignore Kitty Hawk, that's Pinky/Julia, she has a crush on biracial and white girls.

I don't blame whites for slavery. In fact I'm not enslaved to a white person I'm a slave to this mean green paper

It's only been about 40 years that a black person could even use the same water fountain as a white person. You see, it is not your ancestors, it is your grandparent's generation. It wasn't that long ago. Who else are they going to blame? The Chinese? You sound prejudice to me. Our country still has a long way to go before it becomes tolerant.

There was a time when ALL black people were slaves. Doesn't matter the percentage of white people that owned them. The rest of the white people still thought it was OK..

• Alex

I'm not and neither is anyone in their right mind. But I will never forget the past, because nobody wants a repeat.

I know man people complain about whites being racist towards blacks but im sure theres just as many blacks racist towards whites for slavery grudges