Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

In concentration camps, did the Nazis really put Jews in ovens... alive?

I just watched a movie called The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (really sad) and I saw the Gas Chambers and showers, but I heard this joke about cookies and Jews (random, I know) and I was wondering if it was really true?

No; not literal ovens. However, as you said, they did put Jew's, Gypsies and homosexuals in gas chambers. I guess it must have felt like an oven, due to the deterioration of the skin caused by the chemicals used to kill them...?

Oh, yeah. There are so many horrible, disgusting "jokes" about this kind of thing. I'm not even Jewish and I find it offensive. It was truly sick and horrible.

Anyway... Hope I helped?'

EDIT: Okay, then. I guess they really did burn them alive. I didn't know that! That's just as bad... Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE!

• Karen

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avnOP

Many of these posters are wrong, ill-informed, or too opinionated to give a correct answer. I do not claim to be an authority since I was not there at the time, but I am a serious student of history. Having met real German veterans, concentration camp survivors and accounts of those who WERE there, this is the truth. Extermination camps with crematoriums burned the BODIES of their victims after they were gassed, shot or otherwise dead. Those who fed the ovens were Jews themselves, fed on a starvation diet, so how could they fight on a daily basis those who would resist going into a hot oven? This does not even make sense if you think about it. Burning someone alive was a waste of time and resources, and would have taken too much out of the systematic extermination. Burning the dead was far more practical and expedient.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): concentration camps nazis put jews ovens alive: https://shortly.im/MMrxh
  • Linda

Closer to 16 hundred trillion genocided in an industrial human smelting operation stationed at the secret underground Nazi gas oven crematoria facility located underneath the south end of Tsiolkovsky Crater's central peak on the Far Side of the Moon. Their mass murder was carried out non-stop by an automated and highly efficient rail car system that dumped millions of Jews into giant crucibles of boiling iron. The grisly remains were used in the production of Orange Fanta and Lunar bricks. Place smelled of burnt chicken and cigarettes.

Rachel,

You ask a very important question. Thank you for doing so.

What is important to know is that the great majority of the 7 million people who died at the hands of Nazis were Jews, but people of other faiths and beliefs were summarily killed and burned as well.

The reports, photos, and movies of the Nazi concentration camps are terribly graphic and horrifying. When you get older, look into it. See Schindler's List if you want to learn more.

Never forget...

That movie is, for the most part, historically inaccurate. For example, there's no way a boy would be able to come away to that fence thingy every day w/o a guard noticing...they just didn't have that sort of freedon

but yes, nazis placed Jews in ovens :(

no, not ovens. they were not roasted alive.

they killed them by putting then in chambers underground alive, making them strip before entering. they would put them in there with as many people as they could fit into one chamber. usually the sick, handicapped, homosexuals & babies/children. they would then put in gas pebbles. these pebbles would explode causing zicon b to be released suffocating every person in that gas chamber.

sad but true.

Source(s): my well taught & educated mind.

Yes.

After gasing um they put the bodies in ovens then put the rest of the corpses in forests.

Sadly, Jews were put into the ovens either alive or dead. And that's a very sick joke.

• Yes they did, it was a horrible act. They figured "Why kill a person and then burn the body when I can do it in one step."