~AK18~
~AK18~ asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Why do we have a daily limit? Is anyone else addicted to answering questions? lol?

I just recently stated using yahoo answers, and I love it. I love trying to help people lol! Or maybe I just love hearing my own thoughts lol! Either way why do we have a limit? It's so early in the day and work is so slow and now I have nothing to do... :( anyone else feel my pain?

I didn't write lol after everything I wrote Tim.. I wrote it after two things I wrote, and I wrote it because I was laughing at the time. I couldn't decide what I liked more, helping people or hearing my own thoughts. That was funny to me so I put lol!

there are several reasons Yahoo! have implemented daily answering limits for lower level users (level 1-4 users).

(1) by setting you a limit, it will make you want to keep coming back for more everyday, once you then get to higher levels, you will enjoy using Yahoo! Answers and will then most likely continue to use the service.

(2) to prevent Spam from flooding the site, if there wasn't a daily limit then a user could just sign up and flood the whole site with low quality questions & answers.

(3) its part of the privilege system, if you keep contributing enough to reach level 5, you are rewarded by having your daily answering & questioning limits lifted.

(4) to save you from yourself., when you are new to Yahoo! Answers you may not know the rules yet, and may post content in violation of the community guidelines, by controlling how many questions you can answer, you have less chance of being suspended at the beginning of your Y!A experience.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - --

When i was a lower level user i also hated the daily answering limits, along with most other users, BUT once you reach the higher levels you realize the reasons Yahoo! imposed these limitations.

The amount of Questions & Answers you can post per day is directly affected by the Level you are on Yahoo! Answers. for information regarding the points & levels system please visit here: http://answers.yahoo.com/info/scoring_system;_ylt=...

I feel your pain more than you could know. LOL! I can't work too fast or Ill have nothing to do and lose out on hours.. See where I'm going with this?

I like answering questions too, and I think the reason there's a limit is to prevent people from giving random nonsense answers that have nothing to do with the question just so they can get points.. because they give points for answers, right?

Source(s): My brain and whatnot.

Yes, I love being painfully honest and getting reported to yahoo. I cant let a day go by without making someone on here feel worse about themself (keithwakkure@yahoo.com)

I can answer 80 per day. That is an awful lot. I have a way to go to get to unlimited.

And yes, it can be fun.

i agree with you, but you put lol after everything an it makes you seem insane. nothing was funny.

• Elana

Once you've answered enough questions, your limits go away.

well the more you answer the more points you get, which gets you onto new levels! then you can answer more!

yeah, i like yahoo answers!

If you really like helping people try help.com

perhaps its so simple as to not overload their server database? shrugs, wish i could help more definitively.

i understand and understand completely. and im pretty sure its so no one gets to many points