Are you afraid of dying? Are you afraid of death?

Be honest here...there's a reason why people are scared of the swine flu and I want to see how much it's really gotten to you. So, are you really afraid of dying? Are you afraid of death? And are you religious?

when i die i am going to heaven

• Marc L

I am not afraid of the swine flu for two reasons:

1) It has not spread to where I am.

2) Basic sanitation can prevent it.

I am not afraid of death itself, as I know it will happen eventually, regardless of how much I might want to avoid it. Dying? I couldn't really say, as I've never been in a situation where death could be imminent. At the moment, it's all just a mental exercise to me.

Source(s): Atheist

Yes I am. The thought of not knowing whats gonna happen to you, I mean I am muslim, Islam is my religion, but you still question it anyway and still worry. Plus being alone from everyone you love and not being with them anymore just alone freaks me out. I don't care about the swine flu though, but death in any way in general. Just what happens when you die? do you still feel alive? can you talk to people still? can you see anyone still? it scares me to know i might be alone and forgotten:( Yes I am religious though:) I would like dying to save someone's life, that's my top way if i had to choose:(. Wow im kinda feeling depressed now, i thought of it a couple nights ago then got kinda upset its very very depressing. I think everyone fears it, even if they say they don't or are so sure where they will go when they die. KNOW ONE KNOWS FOR SURE.

Source(s): me
  • Well, yes, of course. How am I able to know what's going to happen when I die, will I really go to heaven or hell? I don't know. Will there be nothingness when I die like when your sleeping? How should I know? To your second question, yes, I'm a little scared of swine flu because of how many people have died in mexico and how fast it's spreading. But hopefuly I won't die from it if I get it, I think I'm healthy enough to fight it off. And for the last question, no, I'm not at all religious.

I am a Christian and no I am not afraid of dying. I am not afraid of

the "swine flu", I don't want anything like that to come upon any people,

but for me personally, I don't fear that or any other disease.

I know that I have a wonderful place to go and I know that's not

popular here, but that's okay too.

I wish everyone the best, and I don't want anyone to be sick, or scared.

God bless you.

I am Wiccan, which means I am religious, just not of the Abrahamic sort.

I don't fear death and dying. I would be unhappy if I had top die just now, because I have lots left to do and such wonderful people in my life, but I don't fear it. Death is simply another beginning, in my point of view. It is change and transformation. I have lived near death for much of my life. I was a combat Marine, and saw men die, killed men, and nearly was killed myself. I've volunteered with Hospice and also worked in a nursing home with termially ill patients. I have conducted post mortem care on between 40 and 50 dead bodies, and have often been holding their hands when they slipped from this life.

No, death and I are sort of old friends. I know I'll be dancing with death someday, but I hope it's not soon. I'm enjoying dancing with life just now.

yes i am afraid of dying. I am only 14 and i am super afraid of dying. I am trying to be cautious were ever i go, and i really really am afraid of the swine flu. I have done alot of things in my life that i wish i hadn't like: Took my friends stuff off of vmk. TWICE. and i am really trying to be the best that i can be. i am a christian. and i do believe in god. i try to pray every night and i hope that everyone that has swine flu, is alright.

I try and not think about dying, it's really no way to live. We can't live in fear about the swine flu, or any other thing we have no control over. I do believe in God, and have accepted Jesus Christ into my heart. I know where I'm going when I die, so I'm not afraid. However, I would like to live my life to become an old woman, and watch my kids grow up, get married,and have children of their own. I don't want to die, and don't think I'm ready, but God knows when my time is up, and I'll just trust him.

It's the one thing no matter what that is guaranteed to come out of our lives, I'm not afraid of it. As an athiest I don't see anything that could happen, if there's nothing, in the end i'm not going to be bothered, just right back to where you were before you were born. If there's an afterlife, then again no need to be afraid of death as it isnt the end of everything.

Basically the way I see it is that whether or not it is the 'end', there's no reason to fear it at all.

The swine flu craze will blow over. Of course people are scared of dying. That's why people believe in God for hope that death doesn't actually mean you will die. People fear death so follow religion, me I'm not to fussed. I think that maybe something is on the other side but I guess no one will know til they actually die. Now that's kinda scary isn't it?

YES. I died in the hospital a few times. I know for a fact that it is instinctual to be afraid of death. A person can think they are not afraid of death but when you see death coming you will be afraid. But that is not to say that we have to fear death every minute of our lives. Or fear taking risks with our lives.

When death comes, you might be powerless to fight it and just have to accept it is time to die. I believe in God, and the Bible tells us that we must all die.

As for the Swine Flu, I will take precautions like washing my hands and drinking Orange juice. But I'm not going to worry about it.