What if self employed sent back their Social Security Number?

Why do I need a Social Security Number? I am never going to get any benefits; social security is going to be gone by the time I retire so why do I need a social security number? I am self employed, I don't apply for welfare benefits; what would happen if I denied my SSN and sent it back? has anyone tried this?

Two big dudes packing heat show up at your door some day to say Hi.

Basically you will be classified as a resister or protester.

And they will pay out lots of rope for you ......until the two big dudes show up.

The government has lots of time to get its money... and if they can't get the money they'll trade you for the time.

Federal debt = no discharge by bankruptcy, ever.

Federal prison= no parole, ever.

You don't even want to go there.

Hire a good tax planner!

If you have a Social Security Number, you should be using that. I didn't think that anyone could have both. All your earnings & time worked are stored under one or the other numbers, you could end up with records that are not tied together resulting in less benes in the future. For business purposes, use your Fed Tax IDN, your SSN is personal. How big is your business? Very small business often don't have Fed Tax IDN, & the person just uses a SSN.

You mean to file a tax return without your SSN?

It will be refused and your return will be considered late until you do it their way. You can only get a Whataburger, your way.

Penalties and interest apply.

SS benefits may be reduced one day and you will work longer before receiving it, but, I doubt it will be totally gone. Not as long as new workers pay into it, as you pay for the retired, at present.

Best Advice is move out of America if you do not feel like being taxed 40-50% of your salary by the time your done with it.

Move to hong kong highest tax rates are 15% and you could get some cheap labor.

• Elana

The physical card is meaningful only as an identification.

Unless the government decides to change it, you are forever known by the IRS by that number.

What you're talking about is simple tax protestation.

In any case, if nothing else, you receive the benefit of being defended by the US military, and the infrastructure that allows you to vote to change things.

Those are benefits, and they do cost money.

You could argue that its a bad deal - you put in a lot of money and don't receive anywhere near what you put in - but that concept of equitability is determined by your elected officials, and if you don't like their decisions, you vote them out of office.

And if you don't believe in the concept of voting them out of office, you don't believe in democracy.

And if you don't believe in democracy, what are you doing here?

You can send back the card...it doesn't erase the number. What would be the point?

There are millions of people who'd be willing to take it instead, why not give it to them. They can't vote for liberals with a fake one forever...

Source(s): Acorn

is this a serious question?