Why do some pro-lifers act like having a child should be your punishment for having "irresponsible sex"?

Isn't this sending the wrong message to the little ones? I've seen alot of questions about abortion, and a large part of the answers go along the lines of "you made your bed, lie in it" or "you're just going to have to DEAL with the consequences of having sex!!!". Always there is... show more Isn't this sending the wrong message to the little ones?

I've seen alot of questions about abortion, and a large part of the answers go along the lines of "you made your bed, lie in it" or "you're just going to have to DEAL with the consequences of having sex!!!". Always there is something about the Bible and God giving us what we deserve and so on.

So, having a child is some sort of punishment for having irresponsible sex? How would your child feel about that?