Providing documentary proof of name to the USCIS?

I have been trying to help a young lady with her Green Card problem. Her last name is incorrectly spelled. We have sent the I 90 forms to USCIS trying to get this fixed. It is a typo error on the part of USCIS. Her name was correctly spelled on all submitted forms and her initial 2 year Green Card. So USCIS... show more I have been trying to help a young lady with her Green Card problem. Her last name is incorrectly spelled. We have sent the I 90 forms to USCIS trying to get this fixed. It is a typo error on the part of USCIS. Her name was correctly spelled on all submitted forms and her initial 2 year Green Card. So USCIS has proof of the proper spelling.

But it has been next to impossible getting it corrected on her new Green Card.The first attempt to correct it everything was sent back as it was the wrong address.

The second attempt with the advice of the local USCIS Field Office, she sent in the form, a letter stating the correct spelling and copies of her old Green Card and her passport information page. With the incorrect Green Card.

Everything was sent back with a letter stating she needed to send proof of the correct spelling. I called USCIS hoping to clarify exactly what "proof" she needed to provide. If copies of her old Green Card and her passport are not "proof," I am at a loss of what is proper "proof."

When I asked what would be considered proper "proof," I was told that they couldn't tell me that because it is not listed in their guidelines of what to tell someone.

Holy Cow! They require "proof." But their employees can't tell anyone what that "proof" is.

So, I have advised her to send a certified copy of her marriage license and her actual old Green Card. The actual physical documents, not photocopies.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.