Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

What might someone gain from being a buddhist?

i really need to know what someone would gain from being a buddhist by tomorrow! so if you could please help me it would be great! It is not an essay but needs to be around 100 words long

thank you

Favorite Answer

Enlightenment!

Taking the Five Precepts

The Five Ethical Precepts have the capacity to protect life and make our lives beautiful. They are not rules or commandments but are guidelines to wholesome and ethical living and truly witness our commitment to live an awakened life. Through the compassionate working of Amida in our lives, we are empowered to better practice them and are encouraged to move forward in the direction of peace, joy and awakening. Likewise, they are the foundation for the happiness of the individual, family and society. These Precepts help us avoid making mistakes and creating suffering, fear and despair but instead bring joy, understanding and peace into our suffering world.

The Five Precepts are as follows:

1. I practice the training of love, I refrain from killing.

2. I practice the training of generosity, I refrain from stealing.

3. I practice the training of contentment, I refrain from sexual misconduct.

4. I practice the training of mindful speech, I refrain from harmful speech.

5. I practice the training of mindful consumption; I refrain from intoxicants

& harmful substances that harm myself, society and the environment.

A Path Open to All

We are talking about going on a wonderful path and living a new kind of lifestyle. For 2,500 years, Buddhism has been a proven path for millions of practitioners. It may be now up to you to travel it too. You must understand this is completely possible; there is no reason at all that you cannot travel this path. This is the beauty of the Pure Land teachings: it is completely available to all whether we are saints or sinners, ignorant or wise. Remember Great Compassion always remain with us. She is moving, seeking and working to liberate you from suffering. Just stop, take notice and be grateful.

http://buddhistfaith.tripod.com/pureland_sangha/id...

Enlightenment! Epic win.

Meh, I love Buddhist philosophy d:

The only things you get are an orange robe some beads and a candle and a pot for making tea.

freedom from suffering and the end of the birth death and rebirth cycle.

Too lazy to inflate that to 100 words so you can do that yourself

The robes are comfy.

LESS bigotry, hate and more openminded about things.

they can gain any worldly item, car, house they always wanted, etc. HOW? satan uses idols to keep people form christ. they get their car and put their trust in the idol or budda and sent them to hell. as long as they get what they want he can torment them on earht and hell plus they'd never accepted jesus due to the fact that they have complete faith in that idol. if your talking about someone, save their soul. it hurts to see a man go to hell without ever getting a chance to know the ture god

• Free fortune cookies

Insanity

theyre cooler when they smoke weed

going to hell