Im looking for unique wedding center piece ideas! 10points to best answer!?

im getting married in august 2010 and i've started planning my wedding now so everything will be very well prepared for my big day! i was thinking about different center piece ideas. in the wedding package i bought (from the venue), flowers and center pieces are included. the center piece will be placed in... show more im getting married in august 2010 and i've started planning my wedding now so everything will be very well prepared for my big day!

i was thinking about different center piece ideas. in the wedding package i bought (from the venue), flowers and center pieces are included. the center piece will be placed in a circle or square small vase and will have flowers of my choice.

i may go w| tall fancy vases for a more elegant look rather than an average look.

i also wanted to have candles and petals around the vase but i wanted one more thing.. lol

i read somewhere today about a small fish bowl with two fishes (represents groom and bride). for some reason, i love this idea.

have you ever seen this before? do you think it would look weird? what would be your thoughts on sitting at a table w| 2 small fishies swimmin around?

my mom thinks its tacky. i think its cute and cool. lol

opinions? any advice?
10 points will go to the best answer.
Update: EDIT:

at the wedding, there will be no kids except the ring bearer and the two flower girls. the fish wouldve been in a very tall vase where the only way someone can get to them is if they purposely tipped over the vase and removed the flowers.
Update 2: EDIT: i visited a pet store yesterday and asked the worker about the fishes available and told him about my idea. after talking to him and learning more about the fishes, i learned that i could only get a "comic fish" (i think thats the name of the fish and i think thats how you would spell it) or a... show more EDIT:

i visited a pet store yesterday and asked the worker about the fishes available and told him about my idea.

after talking to him and learning more about the fishes, i learned that i could only get a "comic fish" (i think thats the name of the fish and i think thats how you would spell it) or a betta fish. those are the only two fish that can live in tap water without an air filter. i also learned that two male betta fish can not be in the same tank because they will attack eachother. the male betta fish are the cute ones and female ones are ugly.. in my opinion.

i decided NOT to go with the idea. although i loved the idea, i think it'll be too risky. had it been a regular party, i wouldve went for it but being that its a wedding, i dont want to take the risk of people being grossed out and walking out on my big day.

i may do this for my rehersal dinner though since there will be less people and whoever leaves, i dont care. lol

thanks for all the answers!