Help... its getting cold and I dont want my puppy to freeze!?

So it got down to 4 degress this morning... and its only going to get colder and wetter! Puppy has to stay outside, I rent and the owners wont allow the puppy inside, plus I am a clean freak and hate that wet dog smell. Info bout Puppy: - Staffy x Kelpie - 6 months old - Coat/fur is short - Live in West... show more So it got down to 4 degress this morning... and its only going to get colder and wetter! Puppy has to stay outside, I rent and the owners wont allow the puppy inside, plus I am a clean freak and hate that wet dog smell.

Info bout Puppy:
- Staffy x Kelpie
- 6 months old
- Coat/fur is short
- Live in West Australia, it rains here 95% of winter and gets down to 1-2 degrees at night/early morning and its very very windy

Ive bought him a jacket to wear at night and sometimes during the day, but I still think its way too cold for him! He has a small outside room/storeroom to sleep in and Ive bought him a pillow bed to sleep on so he is off the cold cement. I do half close the room door at night to stop some of the wind/rain from getting in. But what else could I do to keep him warm?

I have a travel carrier for him, I plan to go back east at the end of the year and plan to use it then, could I use that as a dog house for him? Would that keep him warmer?
Update: OMG dogs do not have to stay inside! AND there is NO WAY in hell am I rehoming him! So many people here have outside dogs!!!!! Stop being so negative... where else do you think dogs lived before they became domesticated? Not in houses thats for sure! All I wanted was some cost effective suggestions on... show more OMG dogs do not have to stay inside! AND there is NO WAY in hell am I rehoming him! So many people here have outside dogs!!!!!

Stop being so negative... where else do you think dogs lived before they became domesticated? Not in houses thats for sure!

All I wanted was some cost effective suggestions on keeping him warm. Thanks to those who gave it, the rest of you need to get a life!