Kasper asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 decade ago

Russian Speakers?What does Ya Ochen Skuchau mean?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Daisy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ok, there are many answers to this question and many have some truth to them. However, there is one major difference between saying I AM BORED and I MISS YOU VERY MUCH.

When Russians indicate how a person feels (e.g., hot, cool, interested, bored, happy), they use the dative case of the person plus the adverbial form (-о) of the complement. So I AM BORED in Russian would be МНЕ СКУЧНО.

Now your sentence: Я ОЧЕНЬ СКУЧАЮ has nominative form of the personal pronoun I and it really means: I MISS YOU VERY MUCH or I TRULY MISS YOU. "You" is implied and does not need to be present in the sentence, it is usually clear from the context.

Source(s): Russian native speaker, Russian Language Teacher at http://www.PrimeLanguageServices.com
  • 1 decade ago

I miss (you) much. Don't be surprised that there's no "you" in this Russian sentence, it's implied, on the top of which, such an intimate phrase can be spoken/written only between two close friends, family members or lovers.

However, the phrase "I'm much bored" will never have "I" in direct form, it will be something likfe "it's very boresome to me", and sounds "Mne ochen' Skouchno" in Russian.

Source(s): Russian language expert
  • 1 decade ago

It means "I really miss [someone or something]" or it can mean being homesick. Theoretically it CAN mean being bored (for ex."Я очень скучаю на этих лекциях") but it is more common to use "мне скучно" ("Мне скучно на этих лекциях") in such case.

Source(s): Russian
  • Randem
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Skuchat (скучать) is used in two ways, depending on context.

In the bare phrase "ya ochen skuchau" (я очень скучкю), with nothing after it, it means "I am very bored".

If, however, there is anything following it, like "ya ochen skuchau po [...]" (я очень скучаю по кому-нибуд), then it would mean "I really miss [someone]".

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It mean "i miss you" or "im bored" which ever way you use it. Good luck.

• 1 decade ago

That means : I miss you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

it means i really miss you...

Source(s): im russian
  • 1 decade ago

it means I really miss...

Source(s): i'm Russian
  • 1 decade ago

It means: I'm very bored.

Source(s): Learning Russian
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i am feeling so sad........

and continue ur sentence

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.