When Do They Inject A Trace/Dye When Having A CAT Scan?

I have my first CAT Scan scheduled for next week for the bones in my ankles. I am wondering if they still inject a dye when it is a bone CAT Scan, not a muscle or organ CAT Scan. I've only heard really bad things about how the dye they inject can make you feel and I am wondering if they still inject it even... show more I have my first CAT Scan scheduled for next week for the bones in my ankles. I am wondering if they still inject a dye when it is a bone CAT Scan, not a muscle or organ CAT Scan.

I've only heard really bad things about how the dye they inject can make you feel and I am wondering if they still inject it even if it's just a scan on your bones.

If you've had the dye injected into you while having a CAT Scan, how did it make you feel?
It is unlikely that I will be allergic to the dye as I'm not allergic to iodine.

Thank you :)
1 answer 1