Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Were you skeptical of the existence of Santa Claus as a child?

Did you figure out the truth yourself, or, did you need to be informed?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best answer

I must have figured it out for myself as I don't remember any traumatic "What?! You've been lying to me?" moments regarding Santa Claus. I didn't feel cheated or betrayed, either. I enjoyed Christmas as a child. It was the one time my family didn't fight.

This guy I know found out about Santa when he woke up one Christmas Eve, walked past the living room to go to the kitchen, and saw his dad in the middle of the living room floor with bike parts spread all over the place and a cigar hanging out of his mouth. The guy, who's like 7 years old at the time, just stands there, all shocked and his dad says, "You tell your sister and I'll kick your @$$." Talk about traumatic, no?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually, I was. I never really believed Santa Claus to be real, thinking that if my parents wanted to me good, it would give them every reason to make up Santa Claus themselves.

╔═══════════════════════════════════

║In the end, all actions are justified.

║No matter how heinous, there is always a reason

║for all that happens. And to feel anger over such things

║is as logical as being mad that apples fall to earth.

║I sought to understand everything...

║and even still, I've got a long way to go.

╚═══════════════════════════════════

• 1 decade ago

My parents told me from the start that there was no such thing as Santa Claus.

• 1 decade ago

no I believed in Santa Claus until I was.... oh wait I still believe in santa claus..... don't try to tell me otherwise, if grown adults can believe in a 2000 year old jewish zombie then I can believe a jolly fat elf man gives presents to all of Earth's children in one night

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My sister told me when I was very young. She was two years older than me and knew everything. She even showed me how to write my name in chalk on the back concrete steps so when dad got home I got in trouble.

• 1 decade ago

Figured it out myself. I'm not sure exactly when that was, but I definitely remember playing along because I thought people wanted me to.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My parents were honest with me, so I never believed in such a fony

• djw
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

WHAT? You mean it is not true, have I been wasting my time writing him letters?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

wait......just hold on a second..............wait.......!!!!.............WAIT..!!!!!...so santa is not REAL?????

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.