In one of my earlier postings I asked a question about The Bible. In the Book of Genesis it is written that?

God created the universe and everything in it in 6 days and that on the seventh day He rested. I pointed out that scientists now say that the universe is 23 billion years old and that dinosaurs roamed the earth about 65 million years ago. Scientists say that human beings walked the earth about 4 million years ago.... show more God created the universe and everything in it in 6 days and that on the seventh day He rested. I pointed out that scientists now say that the universe is 23 billion years old and that dinosaurs roamed the earth about 65 million years ago. Scientists say that human beings walked the earth about 4 million years ago. I asked the question which is correct? - The Bible or the scientists. A couple of the respondents at the time indicated that this was not a good question because Creationism as Written in the Book of Genesis is an allegory. So my question is this: if Creationism is an allegory did the person or persons who wrote it consider it to be an allegory? Did the people reading it shortly after it was Written consider it to be an allegory? If not - how, when and why did it become an allegory?