Why do ppl hate tribal tattoos so much?

So what they dont mean anything. Theres not a symbol in my entire life ive felt any kind of passion for, letters are terrible tattoos, and a depiction of any of my hobbies would look retarded. SO WHAT AM I LEFT WITH? I recently got a tribal heartagram which lots of people frown at which pisses me off.

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/70/l_1...

my tat... Is it really so wrong to get a tattoo just for fashion? I mean thats REALLY why everyone gets a tattoo, they just say its meaningful to them but i think all thats bullshit.

Favorite Answer

Its not that they hate them.... its that white boys with blonde hair and blue eyes ( like I have ) get them and it looks so stupid cause they sure as hell don't have any "tribal" ethnicity.

• lema

Bad Tribal Tattoos

I don't think it's wrong to get tattooed for purely fashion. Not all tattoos need to have meaning, but tribal is pretty lame because it's just made up lines and angles and crap. It's very rare that someone with a tribal tattoo is actually from a specific tribe and their tattoo relates to that tribe.

If you didn't feel any passion for any sort of symbol in your entire life, then why'd you get the heartagram?

Just because there aren't any symbols that you've felt passion for or your hobbies would make bad tattoos doesn't mean that tribal is all you're left with. In this case it seems you got it because of an utter lack of creativity.

Source(s): Pierced and tattooed.
  • Pet

I can actually appreciate a tribal piece if its accurate to a tribe. Like an actual symbol. Like a Moari 'Ta Moko.' But if its just some silly kid getting a band logo and putting squiggles around it, I question their motives. Even if someone gets a tattoo purely for the way it looks, there is typically still an important meaning behind it. Perhaps it represents the person's self confidence/inner beauty, or maybe they got the tattoo to mark an exciting event in their life.

I'm curious about why you got that tattoo. You say it has no meaning, but it also isn't fashionable. Soo....

Edit: I agree with Mike and Jen!

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Why do ppl hate tribal tattoos so much?

So what they dont mean anything. Theres not a symbol in my entire life ive felt any kind of passion for, letters are terrible tattoos, and a depiction of any of my hobbies would look retarded. SO WHAT AM I LEFT WITH? I recently got a tribal heartagram which lots of people frown at which pisses me...

Source(s): ppl hate tribal tattoos much: https://tr.im/4dWU2

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axHa4

Tattooed people discriminate just as much towards 'tattoo types' as non tattooed people discriminate towards tattooed people. I think tribal just became the tattoo to hate if you are one of the 'in crowd'. Theres nothing wrong with them as such, it's more that they were a fashion statement tattoo, so tacky by association, and often look very similar, often badly done (tattoo artists get bored of endless black fill and zone out I think)and generally lacking in any imagination, they came to portray a certain negative stereotype. Tribal style designs that are well done can look really striking on some people. Also ripping off genuine tribal art is bad etiquette and often seen as 'cultural misappropriation' Everyone has their pet hates, mine is media based tattoos e.g harry potter, winnie the pooh and so on.

• ?

It's because typically the only people that get them are those who get them for attention or to look cool. All of my 14 tattoos can be covered with clothes and I really dont give a crap if anyone sees them. And each of my tattoos have personal meaning about something that has happened or is important to me. This is also the case with all my tattooed friends. I actually like real tribal tattoos(which symbolize things) like Polynesian or Brazilian(which I have the brazilian symbol for spirit that takes up my back), but I think most people hate "tribals" due to the generic natural of them and they are up on a wall at the tattoo shop where any frat boy or dude that wants to looks cool can point and get inked. I dont have Flash( pre made designs) in my shop since it cheapens the meaning of a tattoo. So to surmise, people dont necessarily hate the tattoo, but the person it's on

Source(s): 14 tattoos, tattoo artist
  • Why does it bother you what other people thank? I think tribal looks funny on a suburb boy,and most of the people that get tribal these days are jerks... A tattoo is not a fashion statement to be but i guess people do think like that..

I think tribal tattoos are commonplace and somewhat boring. It seems that everyone has one now (well...not quite but a lot of people do). I think they started as a fad and just went out of control. I don't find anything special about them.

If you like what you have, fine. You don't need other people's approval.

EMT

tribal is not the question even in this day and time some people are leary of any skin art.some people are very serious about their tats,know the real meaning of your tribal skin art ,not fad but fact .then your choice should only draw hate from ignorant people....and who cares what people of ignorance think.

1000's of Tattoo Designs & Ideas